Annoying Aging and Health Issues

2 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I am scheduled for open heart surgery tomorrow to replace my aortic valve, repair one blockage and fix a vein that didn't follow the correct path to get where it was going.

My new valve will come from a cow and hopefully it isn't from the cows that were in the Purdue thread a couple months ago.

If all goes well I should be home from the hospital in 5-7 days and then I will be on heavy restriction.

If it doesn't go well hopefully I will be able to hook up with my fellow Hoosiers and have some fun. Lol

Dang man.  Wishing you well.  Definitely praying for a great surgery and recovery.  Take care.  Hope to see you soon.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I am scheduled for open heart surgery tomorrow to replace my aortic valve, repair one blockage and fix a vein that didn't follow the correct path to get where it was going.

My new valve will come from a cow and hopefully it isn't from the cows that were in the Purdue thread a couple months ago.

If all goes well I should be home from the hospital in 5-7 days and then I will be on heavy restriction.

If it doesn't go well hopefully I will be able to hook up with my fellow Hoosiers and have some fun. Lol

Prayers sent, best wishes my friend!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Prayers like crazy going up my friend. Looking forward to hearing from you soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

Best of luck to you. Give us a thumbs up on return date! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Jeff you go this man ! There will be a few devices used that my company actually make the equipment to build. The Dr's and device manufacturers have these procedures down pat. You will be amazed at how good you are going to feel in a few weeks. We look forward to hearing your story shortly! Sending up the Prayers!   

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Hey everyone. Just wanted to update and let you all know surgery went fine. I have been up exercising and will get out of the ICU to a private room where I can shower.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and prayers. It is very much appreciated.

Jeff

Great to hear! 

36 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Hey everyone. Just wanted to update and let you all know surgery went fine. I have been up exercising and will get out of the ICU to a private room where I can shower.

Jeff

Excellent news! Here's to a speedy recovery!🍻

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

Jeff

Awesome!

4 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Jeff

So glad to hear. I kept looking for a post.and I missed this update. Glad all went well my friend

On 8/21/2021 at 1:55 PM, Billingsley99 said:

So glad to hear. I kept looking for a post.and I missed this update. Glad all went well my friend

Just wanted to let everyone know I get to go home from the hospital today. I have a long road of recovery ahead of me but I will feel so much better when I am healed.

Thank you for your prayers and concern during my hospital visit.

It is very much appreciated.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Had a prostate exam last week.  You younger guys dont know what you're missing.

Crap still remember when I was 6 counting backwards from 100 for a tonsilectomy. I think I made it to 95?

For real humor when I was admitted, they had me booked in the girls ward! Yeah, I have one of those names. I was kind of looking forward to the girls ward when I heard the news! Sigh! No room in the boys ward, so they set up a bed in the hallway.🤕

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Had a prostate exam last week.  You younger guys dont know what you're missing.

I've told it before, I think. My first Prostate exam wasn't planned, it was do to an illness, "down there". I was scheduled as an emergency with a NP, there were no Dr. available. 

Much to my "enjoyment", the NP was a girl I grew up with all through school AND she was the principles daughter, wink wink.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Hello fellow Hoosiers! I just wanted to update everyone on my recovery from open heart surgery. So far everything has been going well. I am down 30 pounds, blood pressure has been around 120/78, sugar is great and the best thing of all is I have been in zero pain since my surgery, except when I cough or sneeze or try and do things I shouldn't be doing. My incisions are healing nicely.

I am walking 3-5 miles per day at a 17 mile per hour clip and then riding a stationary bike 5 miles. Last week my wife and I went up to Northern Michigan and did a couple 4 miles hikes on some pretty tough trails with zero issues. Today I started cardio rehab and had no issues with everything they threw at me. A couple of weeks ago I was able to sleep in my bed which felt great. Recliner sleeping is not for me. I haven't felt this good in a few years. 

I again want to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes. GO HOOSIERS!

Absolutely awesome to hear Jeff.  Keep doing what you are doing.  It will be well worth it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Hello fellow Hoosiers! I just wanted to update everyone on my recovery from open heart surgery. So far everything has been going well. I am down 30 pounds, blood pressure has been around 120/78, sugar is great and the best thing of all is I have been in zero pain since my surgery, except when I cough or sneeze or try and do things I shouldn't be doing. My incisions are healing nicely.

I am walking 3-5 miles per day at a 17 mile per hour clip and then riding a stationary bike 5 miles. Last week my wife and I went up to Northern Michigan and did a couple 4 miles hikes on some pretty tough trails with zero issues. Today I started cardio rehab and had no issues with everything they threw at me. A couple of weeks ago I was able to sleep in my bed which felt great. Recliner sleeping is not for me. I haven't felt this good in a few years. 

I again want to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes. GO HOOSIERS!

Awesome! Keep up the recovery!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm at Monroe county hospital right now. Had an MRI for my brain. 

I just remembered a story that will mess you guys up. There used to be a place in French Lick called the bird Cafe. My dad would take me there on Saturdays. 

I ate breakfast with Larry Bird. 

Be safe! Hopefully just precautionary stuff!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm at Monroe county hospital right now. Had an MRI for my brain. 

I just remembered a story that will mess you guys up. There used to be a place in French Lick called the bird Cafe. My dad would take me there on Saturdays. 

I ate breakfast with Larry Bird. 

Best wishes. Hopefully just precautionary. 

Hopefully Larry didn't cook your breakfast! LOl

• Haha 1