Annoying Aging and Health Issues

8 minutes ago, JW75 said:

Interesting.... awesome that it helped you. I will see at my next appointment what my Dr says. Obviously nothing has worked yet. I'm sure he'll get a joy out of a basketball message board giving him a suggestion to look into. 🤣🤣🤣 thanks again!

Hey, being in my current position because of a chance meeting between 2 former co-workers who didn't know one another in a military dental clinic, anything is possible 🙂

And you're welcome... 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Had a checkup this week. 60 days into a significant lifestyle change and my BP was 128/80.  It was 160/120 when they put me on a med. Hopefully I can start to ween off soon. 

A few years ago I was having trouble getting a reading on my home BP monitor. I decided to go to a walk in clinic to have it checked. When they took the reading it was 240/135. They sent me directly to the hospital where it took three hours to get down enough so I could go home. I didn't have a headache or any other pains. I still don't know why it spiked and it has never happened since. The attending doctor wrote in the notes that I had a headache even though I told them every time they asked that I did not.  It was disconcerting to say the least. The worst part still is not knowing why.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Now I don't feel so bad.  I keep getting burial insurance ads.

I get those too. Worst one I ever received was back in the day of samples. Due to my name being generally regarded as a female name, (it's a Scandinavian men's name) I received a sample box of Tampons.

Came in handy when my daughter was visiting and she started her period!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Madison22 said:

Up here in Wisconsin, this is how we put our trash bins to the curb in winter, down our icy driveways.

that's how they deliver beer down the bar top as well in Wisconsin😁

7 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

That’s kind of mesmerizing to watch. 

Not nearly as peaceful in a game, with a sweeping and the skip yelling out directions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Wife and I just got latest Covid booster as we are traveling in 3 weeks. I have had a reaction to my other two boosters. Hoping not for this one 

My wife got the latest one in advance of our trip to Italy. Didn’t phase her at all. I already had the other ones, so skipped the latest. It’s nice that we don’t have to take a COVID test this time to get back to the USA. That’s always kind of worrying at the end of the trip. 

• Like 3

Just wanted to recommend a great podcast about health and food. It covers a lot of topics that have come up in many conversations on HSN. In particular about how the medical industry has a vested interest in not curing, but rather managing symptoms. It's not only the medical industry, but the food industry and the pharmaceutical industry. (no surprise to many) A lot of curing come in the form of what we eat. This is not just curing obesity - it's diabetes, depression, chronic pain, etc. There was a stat that said something like: the average American consumes 90 lbs. of sugar a year. Think about how much inflammation that causes in the body. And we wonder why COVID hit a huge part of our population so hard.  There's just a lot of fascinating information here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

YO YO YO I just found a life hack for us old guys with itchy ears. Q-tips are just to fragile for a good dig and car keys are just too much! Check these little effer's out. Form-able, strong and a soft durometer plastic coating. AND they can be used for all of your cords in your travel bag! WIN WIN

Emery%20Jensen%20Distribution%20LLC_3388 

I use these caps. All the pens at work have them. The skinny end is perfect to get a tough itch. I just make sure noone is around.

download.jpeg.e7a8dcda709b0bb9a66a4df626ad89ec.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1