Annoying Aging and Health Issues

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  I definitely did not want to do both at the same time.  Got my flu shot through my employer at the end of September, so I did not have that issue.  As bad as I felt with the Covid shot, I can't image how bad it would have been to get both.  Hope you're feeling better soon.

And, on top of Kelce pushing both shots at once, he's been a disappointment for my fantasy football teams this year.  So, I echo your sentiments there as well.

He's been a real hit for the "Swifties Fantasy League".   LOL  😂😂😂

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Haha 1

On 11/11/2023 at 10:51 AM, Drroogh said:

So I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to get back in the game so to speak and signed up for an online course in UX design (user experience). As I struggled mightily this morning trying to complete my assignment, I realized my struggle wasn’t knowledge it was more familiarity with how things work!? I’ve said many times dear Lord don’t let become like that old person that struggles with technology, now l am one! We as elders get comfortable with our place our knowledge and tend to stop learning? I highly suggest making an attempt to stay somewhat current, lest you become one those that needs your grandchildren to help you with the simplest of things. I now also have a purpose in life! I need to come up with some UX design that helps those familiar with the old ways not just function but thrive with new UX!

Update: Submitted my final report for this class! Dealing with the abhorrent UX system when I was supposed to be learning UX was  ……..

I’m going to need to rethink things, not sure I’m up to the task of bringing gen Zer's up to date on how things work as us boomers know it!?

12 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Update: Submitted my final report for this class! Dealing with the abhorrent UX system when I was supposed to be learning UX was  ……..

I’m going to need to rethink things, not sure I’m up to the task of bringing gen Zer's up to date on how things work as us boomers know it!?

I doubt if they care what us "old timers" think, much less know. After all....we did invent most of the hardware they're using now...just sayin'....

When I worked with a bunch of them a year ago, they had no clue, nor wanted any clue on how things work. "Just give me the answer!"

• Like 1

Ok gang. I try not to get serious on here much but this is my one serious PSA. I know here in Indy IU North or Franciscan have these $59 Lung/Heart/Aorta Scans....and for the women on here they have Mammogram scans for the cheap.

For the 2nd time in less than 4 weeks that dang C word has cut a fellow Hoosier's life short. Go get checked or screened. I know it can be nervous about maybe finding something but better to get early. 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Ok gang. I try not to get serious on here much but this is my one serious PSA. I know here in Indy IU North or Franciscan have these $59 Lung/Heart/Aorta Scans....and for the women on here they have Mammogram scans for the cheap.

For the 2nd time in less than 4 weeks that dang C word has cut a fellow Hoosier's life short. Go get checked or screened. I know it can be nervous about maybe finding something but better to get early. 

I'll second this although I don't have experience with Indy hospitals. 

My dad died from a heart attack at 45. 

A few years ago I was taking a nap. Had a coronary artery spasm that woke me up. Felt like someone punched me in the heart. Scared the crap out of me. 

I still have bad habits from time to time but have mostly cleaned up my lifestyle. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Weighed in at 299.5 this morning! First time in over a decade I'm under 300! I was 363 back in September. 

That is absolutely awesome sir !!! I pray that you have the strength to keep at what ever you are doing. That must feel amazing!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Weighed in at 299.5 this morning! First time in over a decade I'm under 300! I was 363 back in September. 

In all seriousness, great job with the weight loss and good luck on your procedure tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1