Game Thread

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Archie is in his 4th year and is being paid over 3 million per year and this is the garbage he is producing. 

I am sorry but it ain't working. The party is over in my opinion.

You are going to get beat up for bringing up his paycheck...

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

It’s like RMK said after a game when a reporter said something about shots just not going in. He said if your shots a are not going in, get better shots 

We’ve had wide open looks. Great looks...as bad as we shoot we need layups.

2 minutes ago, Lizard said:

It is hard to believe these same players clanking up brick after brick are guys with high scoring averages in big time HS ball.  We don't just miss from outside.  We miss from everywhere-- and badly.  Does it just run its course and they start to fall?  If so,  When does that happen?  I'll hang up and listen to the replies.  

Something has to be wrong with preparation on offense.  At some point you'd think we'd find a good shooter accidentally.  But somehow even those are weeded out.  

4 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Archie is in his 4th year and is being paid over 3 million per year and this is the garbage he is producing. 

I am sorry but it ain't working. The party is over in my opinion.

So you would feel differently if he only made 1 million.  To me it doesn't matter what he is making just produce.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That was an embarrassment and this is not IU basketball and everyone on this team should be embarrrssed by this first half.  I have to think something is wrong with Trace because he just doesn't look like the same player.  If Franklin can't come back we have no shot to come back.

I am wondering if Archie had lost this team because it doesn't look like they playing together at all.  All we heard all off season was how much this teams like each other and was really close.

Also ease no more showing off the weight training videos because that doesn't win games.  Please work more on offense and shooting

It would not surprise me if we come back and win this game...but...you are coming around on things that have been going on for over 3 years now.  What you see tonight is nothing new.  People on this forum have been pointing it out for awhile now.

Just now, IU Scott said:

So you would feel differently if he only made 1 million.  To me it doesn't matter what he is making just produce.

Agreed. I don’t think he’s intentionally fleecing the school. I just think he’s in over his head. Who would have ever thought that Juwan Howard would have his team playing better than IU...

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

It would not surprise me if we come back and win this game...but...you are coming around on things that have been going on for over 3 years now.  What you see tonight is nothing new.  People on this forum have been pointing it out for awhile now.

Different players.  Same results.

Go Hoosiers!!!

So hard to watch. Can’t hit any open outside shots. Scoring droughts continue to hurt us. It’s every game. It’s been happening his whole coaching tenure. Something has to change. I like Archie but I’m just not sure his coaching style really translates well to B1G basketball. Not all mid major coaches are successful when moving to power schools. I have no doubt he can coach I just don’t know that he’s the coach IU needs to become a consistent winner nationally and in conference. After year 4, I really think more should be expected. Just my opinion ofcourse. 

Archived