Maryland Post-Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I don’t remember all the stuff that happened,but I remember we had that game won an gave it away! That’s why Smith went off because the crowd was gave it to him. 

That was one of a handful of bad minutes of basketball that prevented people from seeing the progress the program had made last year. A terrible finish with Maryland, a couple of bad minutes and bad calls at Illinois and a couple bad minutes against Wisconsin at home...change those three results, or even just two of them and last year looks entirely different...

1 hour ago, southsidehoosier said:

Yup and Turgeon got in his face about it and then apologized in the presser

I was at that game and sitting about 5 rows up from the court close to where the “action” took place. Turgeon stormed over to Smith like a bat out of hell, grabbed him and went off on him. Turgeon looked like he was going to self-implode as he was really, really pissed. 

Smith was acting like an idiot yelling “F this place etc, etc”.  Not to justify Smiths behavior but I think part of the reason he was acting like a jerk was because a 55’sh year-old fat azz fan 5 or 6 rows in front of me was court side and giving it to Smith all night...loudly....non-stop...relentlessly. The IU fan was a total dic$. I love the crazy fans and atmosphere at the Hall, more than any venue I have ever been to, but that guy was really over the top.

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Yep. Turgeon really handled it with class. Also had the player make a public apology..

Only problem with the apology from Smith, was he didn't write it. The SID or PR person did. Smith isn't that articulate.

Just watched the replay. We won, which is all that matters, and all that should matter.

This thread is exactly why I have pulled back from posting, and exactly why this forum is becoming unreadable 

Picking apart every kid, every game. God, this is the barbershop scene in Hoosiers x 100000. Everyone on here is an expert who either knows more than the coaches, or has played better than the team.

I am glad we won. Gonna go hug my wife and tell my kids that I love them. I will watch the next game and whatever happens, I will do the same for my wife and kids the next day.

Love HSN but what the basketball forum has become makes it really hard to want to spend time here 

Archived