Gonzaga

rico

15 minutes ago, rico said:

Can they go undefeated?  

Wouldn't see why not. Was trying to figure out where they would be in Big 10. Probably in that 15-5 range. Don't get me wrong they are very good and I know they beat Iowa by 11 but that's one game. What gets people beat in the Big 10 is playing Iowa type teams 6-7x over 2-3 weeks. It just takes a toll. 

18 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

A team like Texas can beat anyone. We saw that against KU. 

Maybe Kansas sucks?  I understand anybody can be beaten on any given day.  But the 'Zags appear to be a notch above everyone else.  JMHO

Ever since the Baylor game got cancelled because of Covid, I have been concerned about this.  It's hard to find a regular season loss.  And, unlike some other small conference teams that have entered the tournament undefeated over the last 45 years, Gonzaga is actually good enough to win the National Championship.  , 

Also it isn’t like Gonzaga hasn’t played anyone. They had a hellacious schedule before Covid. And still have beaten Kansas, Iowa, Virginia, West Virginia, and Auburn. If we had that resume we would be proclaiming Archie to be the answer and we were title bound. They have a ton of talent and a good coach. If they go undefeated they have earned it.   

17 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Couldn't care less.  Records are meant to be broken.  For some reason the thought of another team going undefeated doesn't bother me like some others but I understand the sentiment.  

i LOVE tradition!  i'm proud as a Hoosier that we have held that spot for 45 years!

22 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Also it isn’t like Gonzaga hasn’t played anyone. They had a hellacious schedule before Covid. And still have beaten Kansas, Iowa, Virginia, West Virginia, and Auburn. If we had that resume we would be proclaiming Archie to be the answer and we were title bound. They have a ton of talent and a good coach. If they go undefeated they have earned it.   

I disagree that they will have earned it. They played a tough non conference schedule, no doubt. But, the rest of their schedule is cake. It's as if they played a 5 game big ten schedule and the rest cupcakes. Still impressive if they can run the table, but in no way comparable to a major conference team doing so. I don't think they're going to win in the tournament though, so I'm not too worried.

1 hour ago, HoosierDom said:

I disagree that they will have earned it. They played a tough non conference schedule, no doubt. But, the rest of their schedule is cake. It's as if they played a 5 game big ten schedule and the rest cupcakes. Still impressive if they can run the table, but in no way comparable to a major conference team doing so. I don't think they're going to win in the tournament though, so I'm not too worried.

You get the Rico.......meh

Archived