#8 Wisconsin pregame 1/7 7:00 pm EST FS1

17 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

sorry man.  i often don't understand the game.  thanks for clearing it up, but i don't belittle the guys.  i just said i don't think it's good to shoot more 3s when we don't shoot them well.  also didn't realize we had guys that had proven they were good 3 point shooters, but are just down a little now.  thanks for setting me straight though.  please continue to set me straight and explain this fascinating game to me!

Seriously bro?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

my question is, why start TJD in that group?  if it's all about 3s, let's Franklin in there for TJD to help get more up?

Where had anyone say just shoot 3's.  You can't seem to handle people disagreeing with you and you act like a spoiled little kid.  It is like the kid that gets made and takes his ball home.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Where had anyone say just shoot 3's.  You can't seem to handle people disagreeing with you and you act like a spoiled little kid.  It is like the kid that gets made and takes his ball home.

sorry Scott.  i'll try to do better with people disagreeing.  you do a good job of that and i'll try to do better.  

yes.  please continue to set me straight.  i can always learn more about the game.  

OK I'm sure you're being tongue in cheek. To the extent it sounded like I was saying you don't understand the game, I'm not doing that. You questioned shooting more threes. I answered that, including the simple point that we are already one of the lowest shooting 3-ball teams out there. 

sorry Scott.  i'll try to do better with people disagreeing.  you do a good job of that and i'll try to do better.  

What people are saying if players are open and it is a good look you can't pass those up.  When you only have a 30 second clock you need to take the first open shot because you might not get another good look.  The other night Leal was open but passed it to Galloway in the corner. Galloway drove but the shot clock expired without a shot.

Also if you don't take those shots the defense will clog the lanes even more making it impossible to get Trace and Race the ball down low.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What people are saying if players are open and it is a good look you can't pass those up.  When you only have a 30 second clock you need to take the first open shot because you might not get another good look.  The other night Leal was open but passed it to Galloway in the corner. Galloway drove but the shot clock expired without a shot.

Also if you don't take those shots the defense will clog the lanes even more making it impossible to get Trace and Race the ball down low.

You have to do more then take them you need to hit them! 

46 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

I did not even like Wisconsisn in the 70s and 80s when they were a doormat and an easy win.  I think in history, IU's winning .pct against wisconsin is 67%. What was it before the last 15-20 years. 

I like this IU team and feel there is upside if they clean up some things.  I hate the lack of confidence of approaching a game expecting a loss. Reverse this trend and play lights out tonight to get a win.

From 1972 through 1999 we were 47-4 against Wisconsin...that's .980 winning percentage...

Since, we're 8-29...

We did not lose to them from February 1980 until January of 1997

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

From 1972 through 1999 we were 47-4 against Wisconsin...that's .980 winning percentage...

Since, we're 8-29...

We did not lose to them from February 1980 until January of 1997

Remember those days and our record is probably about the same against Northwestern

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm definitely not serious.  and don't call me Shirley.  have you not seen the people saying shooting more 3s is the key?

Nice Airplane reference. It was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the sentence starting with "Surely". Glad I'm not alone.

1 hour ago, OLDIUFAN said:

You have to do more then take them you need to hit them! 

Its all about laws of averages.  Shoot your way out of slumps, confidence issues or stagnant offense.  Run the whole time and shoot as soon as you get any space.  The more shots you take, the more likely you are to hit them.  We know we don't shoot particularly well so we run a slow offense.  

I say we're doing it backwards.  Get more posessions.  More shots at at the rim.  More up and down the floor.  Go fast and shoot quick.  Wear them down with our relentless tempo and in your face defense.  Hell, go full court press the whole game.  I am telling you, it will work.  Averages will win the day.

And i am 100% serious.

13 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Isn’t that what Crean tried. Played fast and turned the ball over like 20 times a game ! 

We turn the ball over now and we play slow.  How much worst can it get. Plus we have something CTC didn't. An elite defense.  

And no one was ever upset with CTCs offense.  It was his weird subbing, lack of defense, weirdness overall and how he isolated IU from the high schools in Indiana. 

8 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

We turn the ball over now and we play slow.  How much worst can it get. Plus we have something CTC didn't. An elite defense.  

And no one was ever upset with CTCs offense.  It was his weird subbing, lack of defense, weirdness overall and how he isolated IU from the high schools in Indiana. 

IU doesn't turn the ball over NEAR like they used to.

7 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

CTC made the defense elite by racking up the deflection count and switching defenses three times in one possession!!!  That’s Elite!!

i appreciate CTC for rebuilding IU the right way.   FG is the one to blame for the extension.     One of CTCs main issue was continuity ... two good years, two or more bad years, etc.    Archie is building it to be old and stay old - the right way - especially in a league that is 10-12 teams deep every year.  Once IU gets to the top, I think they’ll stay there.    For instance, if TJD and Brunk come back next year ... should be top 3 easily and hopefully it’s like that for the next 25 years 

Archived