#8 Wisconsin pregame 1/7 7:00 pm EST FS1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Its all about laws of averages.  Shoot your way out of slumps, confidence issues or stagnant offense.  Run the whole time and shoot as soon as you get any space.  The more shots you take, the more likely you are to hit them.  We know we don't shoot particularly well so we run a slow offense.  

I say we're doing it backwards.  Get more posessions.  More shots at at the rim.  More up and down the floor.  Go fast and shoot quick.  Wear them down with our relentless tempo and in your face defense.  Hell, go full court press the whole game.  I am telling you, it will work.  Averages will win the day.

And i am 100% serious.

i totally agree.  i just wouldn't shoot more 3s in the process.  the more we run the better shots we should get.  

26 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i totally agree.  i just wouldn't shoot more 3s in the process.  the more we run the better shots we should get.  

I agree ! I’d love to see us up tempo the offense, not to shoot more 3s to shoot more layups because we’re not good shooters! 

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Good morning...

And I think that's all anyone is saying...if you have a good, open look, take it...

oh no!  we may disagree again already!  you said Jerome specifically and in the flow of the offense.  i guess i also want to say that if we start 0-11 from 3 that we may need to pass some of the open ones up for an even better shot.  crap!  here we go again... sorry everyone.  :(

I want to get back to this instead of arguing with the usual suspects about the usual things:

So...it is early and I haven't had enough coffee, but if we were to win tonight, it is likely we'd be tied for 4th in the conference if I'm seeing it right?  Don't worry, I haven't drank the kool aid, I don't think we'll win tonight, but there's always a chance!

We know how this game goes. IU racks up fouls at an alarming rate while Wisconsin demonstrates how to mug any player near the basket with the ball. But it really comes down to Trice and Davison. If they punk Al and Rob it's going to be ugly. If IU's guards go at them hard, it will be a close game.

There is just no recent history to suggest IU will get a W here. It will take them playing a more complete brand of basketball. They can't sleepwalk to a 10 point deficit by the first tv timeout and expect to win or have extended scoring droughts. They will have to actually knock down open shots. It will be a good measuring stick game if nothing else.

I can't remember where I heard or read this and I'm too lazy to look it up, but Wisconsin leads the conference (possibly the nation) in 2 point FG%. 

That said, IMO, the only way we have a chance tonight is if 3's are falling. Not having Armaan is the first kick in the coconuts. 

55 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Don't worry, I haven't drank the kool aid

Some people view it as optimism, others as delusional...using the Kool-Aid reference makes it seem like you think anyone who leans toward optimism is a blind sheep...

We get it...you've been a basketball coach for a long time, but there are things in basketball that are readily apparent and not solely in the secret coach's handbook...

I'm not sure of @mchenry34's background, but he incorporates both praise and criticism, which no one on here minds...and I think everyone on here enjoys his analysis...same with @coachadragna...he even provides pictures...

26 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Some people view it as optimism, others as delusional...using the Kool-Aid reference makes it seem like you think anyone who leans toward optimism is a blind sheep...

We get it...you've been a basketball coach for a long time, but there are things in basketball that are readily apparent and not solely in the secret coach's handbook...

I'm not sure of @mchenry34's background, but he incorporates both praise and criticism, which no one on here minds...and I think everyone on here enjoys his analysis...same with @coachadragna...he even provides pictures...

promise this is not sarcasm - you think i'm as aggressive as you guys.  i am not.  it's fine if you're optimistic.  nothing wrong with that.  when i said drank the kool-aid, i just meant that i hadn't massively changed.  i was trying to be funny.  it didn't work.  i truly wasn't implying that positive, optimistic people were "blind sheep" or whatever.  sorry you took it that way.  and i know you don't like my viewpoints.  it's okay.  i promise i don't think my opinion matters any more because i have coached for a long time.  i really don't.  it's just frustrating when a couple of you act like i'm wrong or a terrible fan when i say anything critical or pessimistic.  it's okay to be positive, but also critical sometimes, right?  or optimistic, but sometimes pessimistic?  

4 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

promise this is not sarcasm - you think i'm as aggressive as you guys.  i am not.  it's fine if you're optimistic.  nothing wrong with that.  when i said drank the kool-aid, i just meant that i hadn't massively changed.  i was trying to be funny.  it didn't work.  i truly wasn't implying that positive, optimistic people were "blind sheep" or whatever.  sorry you took it that way.  and i know you don't like my viewpoints.  it's okay.  i promise i don't think my opinion matters any more because i have coached for a long time.  i really don't.  it's just frustrating when a couple of you act like i'm wrong or a terrible fan when i say anything critical or pessimistic.  it's okay to be positive, but also critical sometimes, right?  or optimistic, but sometimes pessimistic?  

There's that word again..."Aggressive."

You know, I've been posting on IU basketball forums, starting with the old Star-News forum in 1999 (talk about the wild west...now THAT was where people reveled in aggressiveness)...And I'm just not seeing it...

I don't think good, healthy debate is bad at all...and I've yet to see anyone call you "a terrible fan" over your opinions...well, @IU Scott maybe, but he's the designated forum junkyard dog and weeds out the real trolls...and his bark is worse that his bite ;) ...Some just disagree...I sometimes feel like you take my, or anyone else disagreeing with you as some sort of blasphemy...

As I've said a million times...I'm an optimist by nature...I subscribe to the Henry Ford saying, "whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you're right." I think we're going to win, or at least have a CHANCE to win every game...even during the lean Crean years...

If I didn't think that way, I wouldn't watch at all...

That's just me though...

Archived