#8 Wisconsin pregame 1/7 7:00 pm EST FS1

16 hours ago, IU Scott said:

That was my philosophy when I played

I want Jerome shooting because I think his probably the best shooter on team and needs to get going.  Maybe Leal will be a better shooter once he gets up to speed on playing Big 10 instead of High School.   My post was kind of joke based on hunter's game ending 3 when they should have been running down the clock.  

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

There's that word again..."Aggressive."

You know, I've been posting on IU basketball forums, starting with the old Star-News forum in 1999 (talk about the wild west...now THAT was where people reveled in aggressiveness)...And I'm just not seeing it...

I don't think good, healthy debate is bad at all...and I've yet to see anyone call you "a terrible fan" over your opinions...well, @IU Scott maybe, but he's the designated forum junkyard dog and weeds out the real trolls...and his bark is worse that his bite ;) ...Some just disagree...I sometimes feel like you take my, or anyone else disagreeing with you as some sort of blasphemy...

As I've said a million times...I'm an optimist by nature...I subscribe to the Henry Ford saying, "whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't, you're right." I think we're going to win, or at least have a CHANCE to win every game...even during the lean Crean years...

If I didn't think that way, I wouldn't watch at all...

That's just me though...

all good my man.  of course we don't see ourselves as aggressive or sensitive or whatever.  that's how we view ourselves.  i would argue that you and Scott take all negative things as blasphemy, but that's okay.  anyway, the only other thing i'd like to mention to you is that i absolutely do not post 100% negative or 100% pessimistic.  i really don't.  just trying to be realistic.  im also not afraid to admit when i'm wrong.  i love that Race has mad me look wrong so far BTW!  i was also wrong about Lander coming in and starting from day 1!

Some "mod" comments in the spirit of CC and Mile

-- A lot of people posting about our team on a basketball board have strong opinions about the team, and express them, and that's a good thing, we're not all here to agree we're hear to talk basketball, respectfully.

-- Sometimes strong opinions can sound like criticism of someone else's view/opinion, when not intended (I tend to fall into this category more than I'd like). It helps if people post without assuming someone is coming at them. "Are you saying..."

-- Sometimes people get ticked off and post quickly, hey, it's a message board with posts flying around. But everyone should try to avoid flying off the handle. We can all see things differently.

-- Gotta say, in humor the word "realistic" gets kind of abused. Why is it that it's almost always used when saying how bad IU is, that we're going to lose, etc.? Someone's realistic is another's negativity, I guess.

-- We all want IU to be top tier again. It's hard to be patient. Are we headed in the right direction under CAM? Well, that requires patience to figure out. 

-- But finally back to the CC / Mile spirit.

Those two brought and cultivated real comradery to the Board. That's really what this Board is built on. We all get ticked off or frustrated and opinionated at times, but in the spirt of CC and Mile, let's all kick off this New Year with their comradery and good vibes in mind.

Damn, losing Franklin for this game or any games going forward hurts bad- crossing my fingers it doesn’t derail his shot going forward. 

Next man up, great time for our two upperclassmen guards to show up strong. Let’s play hard and get the win, weirder things have happened. GO IU

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Someone's realistic is another's negativity, I guess.

Great point and it's at the heart of many issues. I'll also add: keep in mind that when many are realistically or unrealistically negative....we sure would love to eat crow, rather that be proven right. If I ever root for failure please feel free to criticize the hell out of me. 

2 minutes ago, H00sier said:

Damn, losing Franklin for this game or any games going forward hurts bad- crossing my fingers it doesn’t derail his shot going forward. 

Next man up, great time for our two upperclassmen guards to show up strong. Let’s play hard and get the win, weirder things have happened. GO IU

It definitely does, AF has become key on both ends of the floor. He often sets the tone for our D, and obviously has been our second leading scorer.

Next man up is always easier said than done, but really liked the way Rob in particular has come out recently. When he plays aggressively on both ends, we are so much better. Same goes for Race, and that last double-double was as important as anything. And our offense, with better use of the outside shot, seems headed in the right direction -- something to watch in this game.

In order to win tonight we’ll need to have at least 2 of our guards/wings step big time. If this all falls on TJD’s and Race’s shoulders I just don’t think their is a path to victory. And if there’s ever a night to avoid an extended scoring drought then tonight’s the night. A 10 point Wisconsin lead will feel like a 20 point lead. 

21 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Great point and it's at the heart of many issues. I'll also add: keep in mind that when many are realistically or unrealistically negative....we sure would love to eat crow, rather that be proven right. If I ever root for failure please feel free to criticize the hell out of me. 

agreed.  i have never in my life cheered for failure.  i'm with ya!  love it when i think we'll lose and we win.  

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

The people who think that this board is negative have probably not visited or spent much time on some of the other message boards. One the most negative posters on the rivals free board was saying two years ago that "real fans" should be rooting for losses. I don't see anyone here coming even close to that.

Archived