#8 Wisconsin pregame 1/7 7:00 pm EST FS1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

At this point, it's 100% mental.

It really is. I look at our friends to the West and even in the beginning of last year with losses to Miami, Missouri, and Arizona a whole chunk of the fanbase wanted Underwood gone. Was a 1 point victory in Madison that changed things because they got over the hump after some close road losses. Changed their trajectory for their coach and program with 1 win.

No reason we can't get over the hump eventually up there too.

If I was a betting man....    I say 74 bad guys and 62 good guys. They have not played our schedule, but they are at home and their starters average better than 80% from the foul line. I expect they shoot a ton of free throws and we continue to just throw up ugly shots and hope for an offensive rebound and put back. I think we get good looks (however, sometimes we just pass it around the perimeter), but every shot looks like it is hurried. TJD looks to be focusing on drawing fouls and not truly setting up to shoot. Our defense is solid, but if we can't score against MD then I see us really struggling against Wisconsin.  I hope I am wrong and we get hot from three. Hunter could stay hot.......if he does not foul every time they shoot a 3.  I think we have better athletes at every position, but they seemed more skilled at scoring... Go Hoosiers! 

But everybody has forgotten about the ex-whisky players that are now the home town refs for them...(lol)

We always get hosed with the calls @ UW. So if we can win with 5 against 8 on the floor, it will be a major hurdle crossed.

29 minutes ago, DWB said:

But everybody has forgotten about the ex-whisky players that are now the home town refs for them...(lol)

We always get hosed with the calls @ UW. So if we can win with 5 against 8 on the floor, it will be a major hurdle crossed.

With the crowds out, is that another residual perk for visiting teams? Seemed like the refs vs Maryland were more than happy to call ticky-tack crap on us....

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

With the crowds out, is that another residual perk for visiting teams? Seemed like the refs vs Maryland were more than happy to call ticky-tack crap on us....

Watching the UM game last night even without fans the home team is 24-9 in big ten play

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

It really is. I look at our friends to the West and even in the beginning of last year with losses to Miami, Missouri, and Arizona a whole chunk of the fanbase wanted Underwood gone. Was a 1 point victory in Madison that changed things because they got over the hump after some close road losses. Changed their trajectory for their coach and program with 1 win.

No reason we can't get over the hump eventually up there too.

Didn’t we have wins like that over MSU the past couple years and it did nothing for the trajectory of the program lol.

Archived