Butler

rico

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't follow Butler but i don't every remember them being anything except for those 4-6 years when Stevens was there.  Have they been historically good?

Historically? No. But starting in the late '90s they started to become a decent team that was in the NCAAT regularly. They really took off when Stevens took over. From 2007 (Stevens first year) until 2018 they only missed the tournament twice and that was with a turnover of coaches.

So they've been good more often than not the last 20-25 years but before that were not very good. 

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't follow Butler but i don't every remember them being anything except for those 4-6 years when Stevens was there.  Have they been historically good?

They were historically very good under Tony Hinkle. He was a coaching legend (somewhat forgotten today). He won 560 games as Butler’s head basketball coach, 180+ games as head football coach and 330+ games as head baseball coach. Something that will obviously never be repeated. 
After Hinkle they went through a long dry spell until Barry Collier (now AD) revived the Bball program 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Hinkle

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

They were historically very good under Tony Hinkle. He was a coaching legend (somewhat forgotten today). He won 560 games as Butler’s head basketball coach, 180+ games as head football coach and 330+ games as head baseball coach. Something that will obviously never be repeated. 
After Hinkle they went through a long dry spell until Barry Collier (now AD) revived the Bball program 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Hinkle

I always loved Tony Hinkle doing the High School Finals with Tom Carnagie...two legends...

Archived