Oscar Tshiebwe

Vincent14

McDonald's All-American transferring from West Virginia.  Probably could've gone pro last year.  Wants to cut to down to 3 to 5 by the end of the week and make a decision this weekend.  Has heard from IU along with Clemson, Florida State, Memphis, Kentucky, Miami, NC State, Pitt, Tennessee, Utah, and Western Kentucky. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Oscar-Tshiebwe-transfer-schools-timeline-Clemson-Florida-State-Indiana-Kentucky-Memphis-Miami-NC-State-Pittsburgh-Tennessee-Utah-Western-Kentucky-158670151/

9 minutes ago, Vincent14 said:

McDonald's All-American transferring from West Virginia.  Probably could've gone pro last year.  Wants to cut to down to 3 to 5 by the end of the week and make a decision this weekend.  Has heard from IU along with Clemson, Florida State, Memphis, Kentucky, Miami, NC State, Pitt, Tennessee, Utah, and Western Kentucky. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Oscar-Tshiebwe-transfer-schools-timeline-Clemson-Florida-State-Indiana-Kentucky-Memphis-Miami-NC-State-Pittsburgh-Tennessee-Utah-Western-Kentucky-158670151/

Yeah, we have talked about this kid in a different forum.  My question would be what soured him on Huggins and WVU?

19 minutes ago, rico said:

Yeah, we have talked about this kid in a different forum.  My question would be what soured him on Huggins and WVU?

I'm wondering that as well.  Also a little surprised he'd transfer rather than just going pro.  I like that we'll get an answer quick and he won't drag us along.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I read something that sounded like UK would be the team to beat.  It was from a UK writer so take it for what it is worth

Yeah, they have been beating that blue drum.  They will take anybody at this point 'cause the 'Cats suck.

Man wouldn’t it be great if we had a guy like that fall out of the sky for us.  Looking for a breakthrough.  

As for the NBA so many people are totally lost with what the league is looking for right now.  Look at how inconsequential Jahil Okafor from Duke is now.  In 1985 he’d probably be coveted.  

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Man wouldn’t it be great if we had a guy like that fall out of the sky for us.  Looking for a breakthrough.  

As for the NBA so many people are totally lost with what the league is looking for right now.  Look at how inconsequential Jahil Okafor from Duke is now.  In 1985 he’d probably be coveted.  

The NBA has changed...just as college basketball has.

20 minutes ago, DunkinDipo said:

With the new covid rules, would he be eligible this semester that is about to start or will he have to sit out until next January? 

Don't think anyone is being required to sit out a year. Main question is probably whether or not he could get enrolled somewhere before the spring semester starts. 

Also, kid looks like a force down low. I don't know if we really have any kind of legitimate shot, but he would certainly solve any front court depth issues.

2 hours ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

Don't think anyone is being required to sit out a year. Main question is probably whether or not he could get enrolled somewhere before the spring semester starts. 

Also, kid looks like a force down low. I don't know if we really have any kind of legitimate shot, but he would certainly solve any front court depth issues.

Just show him how we featured Trayce and say that is all yours next year.

20 hours ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

Man child. Sign him up. You always worry about a kid quitting during the season but if the coaches are fine its their jobs on the line.

Archived