Wisconsin Game Thread

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i think he's been great.  how could you not?  i'm just not sure we're crowning him as such an intelligent player yet though.  he pretty much sets up and we get him the ball and he shoots.  that's the perfect role for him, but he's not really making decisions like Al or RP.  i guess he is intelligent in that he shoots when he should though.  

You haven't seen his intelligence? He plays incredibly smart and active positional defense. He moves incredibly well without the ball offensively. He's already one of the best post passers and he moves the ball quickly instead of over dribbling. 

He oozes basketball IQ and has in most of his minutes this year 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I hate to keep ragging on him, but you can't win at Wisconsin when your point guard has 0 points on 2 shots. 

Phinisee has got to hit open shots in the second half and do more than run the offense horizontally. He needs to get into the lane and create. 

It’s a fair criticism — we need the aggressive RP, when he is aggressive he’s very good and he gives us a good chance to win. When he disappears so does our offense 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

You haven't seen his intelligence? He plays incredibly smart and active positional defense. He moves incredibly well without the ball offensively. He's already one of the best post passers and he moves the ball quickly instead of over dribbling. 

He oozes basketball IQ and has in most of his minutes this year 

i buy that.  i certainly wasn't saying he wasn't an intelligent player.  i hadn't really noticed anything other than shooting good open shots when he had them.  

In to make a comment on Lander, I think what we are seeing is a High School senior playing up a little too early.  He may have showed a bit why he is not seeing time now, but he honestly should still be in HS.  I think we will see a different player later this year/next year.

Archived