Wisconsin Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might chime in later with some of the stuff that happens at Madison. Otherwise....very proud of this team. Awesome game. Had our chances in regulation and overtime. Just didn't workout. This one stings for sure but if I see that level of play vs top 10 teams....we're good. 

Great game. All the “no such thing as moral victories” people can buzz off in my opinion. No, it’s not a victory and that’s the goal. Sometimes you just lose. But the resiliency and toughness we showed tonight is what I think a lot of us have long craved from CAM’s teams. We play like we did today the rest of the season and we’ll win a lot of games.

IU outplayed those guys big time.  Refs wanted none of IU winning that game.  Sure they made some mistakes but man how can a team play double overtime and not be in the double bonus when you are as aggressive as Wisconsin is.  Pathetic as usual for the BIG refs.  Not into moral victories but loved the grit from TJD, Leal, and Hunter.  Durham was solid, Rob played good D.  Build on it and move forward.

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

come one guys.  be better than this.  calls went their way, but don't go around saying the refs cost us the game.  makes us look like whiney babies.  

Just stop. Literally everyone is in agreement that with fair officiating IU would have won.

Spare me the ref talk. How many times do we need to see a final possession drawn up as awfully as those (THREE separate terrible game closing possessions) until we realize Miller can't coach these moments in the Big Ten?

Bad calls, sure. I saw em. But we had this game and poor play calling threw away our opportunities to seal the deal. We played well for much of regulation, but I'm over moral victories. That was a joke of a loss.

1 minute ago, madmax said:

Great game. All the “no such thing as moral victories” people can buzz off in my opinion. No, it’s not a victory and that’s the goal. Sometimes you just lose. But the resiliency and toughness we showed tonight is what I think a lot of us have long craved from CAM’s teams. We play like we did today the rest of the season and we’ll win a lot of games.

I'm buzzin' off now.... Have a good night

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

come one guys.  be better than this.  calls went their way, but don't go around saying the refs cost us the game.  makes us look like whiney babies.  

Did you watch the same game I did? I’ve blamed the refs for maybe 5 losses in the last 10 years, this was clearly one of them.  It was so bad a Purdue buddy of mine even said that’s one of the worst called games he’s seen. I’m sure he still enjoyed it but...

Give Archie and our guys all the credit in the world. 

Archie had a good game plan and drew up some great plays.  

Leal was a man. He was physical and tough. Very stable on offense.  If you saw him in high school you could see how strong he is for a guard.  He uses it intelligently.  

Rob played well. He’s doing the right things. 

Trayce was incredible. 

Hunter hit some key buckets.  

On and on. I don’t mean to leave anyone out.  Not a moral win but we did what we needed to do.  

I didn’t remember how bad Micah is in D for them.  He can’t defend at all.  

Archived