Wisconsin Postgame Thread

KDB

Terrible reffing aside, I think IU has shown they can beat anybody. I love this team even with their flaws, and I’m excited to see them get better throughout the season. Leal showed he’s earned real minutes, and Al had a great game overall even with his mistakes. This team can do some damage. Don’t forget we were missing our 2nd best player too. 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It makes it easy to run a team out of gas when you can beat the hell out of them and you can hardly be touched.  But gota give them a sliver of credit, they hit some cold blooded shots.

Big game for some of our guys.  Leal had a breakout night.  Hopefully he can keep it going the rest of the year.  Hunter played really well tonight.  Hit some big shots and played good D with refs looking to call something on him.  TJD was a beast, simple as that.

If we play like this consistently, we are going to win more games than not. 

With that - we were the better team tonight. But, unfortunately, we were playing against more than 5 guys tonight.

Absolutely terrible officiating from start to finish. The amount of foul calls I saw tonight that were, well, straight up non-existent.. is mind boggling. 

Terrible reffing but what we are used to when we play in Madison.  Someone said this at the end of the post game thread and I agree even with the refs which is expected to be bad the offense that second OT was terrible.  Lots of bad shots and bad choices.  Looking at the whole IU had their chances and they didn’t finish.  Still have things they need to clean up but I think this team is overall playing much better as we continue with the BIg season and I am excited to see where there are after the next 5 games.  I think the continued improvement may just translate to a solid finish in the BIG.

I’m deflated. I can imagine how the team must feel. Tough loss when it was within reach.

Short little bald guys wearing stripes and blowing whistles..... bah

Hey though, how about that team work and this Anthony Leal kid? 

Still a long way to go for my expectations but I will take the effort tonight. 

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I don’t think it was ever reviewed but I swear Davison’s 3 in the first OT was a 2. Looked like his right foot was over the line. Originally went on score as a 2, then became a 3, but never reviewed by officials 

I noticed that too...

Not getting into the Ref stuff!! But IU grew up to night and hope we play as hard the rest of the way every game!!! Leal had his breakout! I still hope Landers can get his. Very happy to see Jerome making strides. We need no more moral wins we now need wins!!! GO IU!!!

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

okay.  i'll complain about them too.  they were terrible.  that's better.  

You seriously want to argue this point?  You are just being argumentative now.

There is something called causation.  We can go through a series of calls if they were called fairly, we win the game.  Now if you want to say we should be able to overcome spotting them 8 points, then take that position.  

You made your point. You’re on the wrong side of this one my friend but you’re entitled to do that.  But 90% of us saw the cause of the loss.  

We can still be friends it’s ok lol. 

7 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

IU outplayed those guys big time.  Refs wanted none of IU winning that game.  Sure they made some mistakes but man how can a team play double overtime and not be in the double bonus when you are as aggressive as Wisconsin is.  Pathetic as usual for the BIG refs.  Not into moral victories but loved the grit from TJD, Leal, and Hunter.  Durham was solid, Rob played good D.  Build on it and move forward.

I officiated over 30 years and I hardly every complain about officials. They have a tough job. These officials sucked and I hope Archie says something in the post game interview. There was absolutely no consistency and something that happened at one end was let go at the other end. You protect the shooter and tonight we got hammered and nothing was called. These 3 guys were bush league. 

Archived