Wisconsin Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

come one guys.  be better than this.  calls went their way, but don't go around saying the refs cost us the game.  makes us look like whiney babies.  

See this is one of those loaded comments I despise. We complain about call...you call the board whiney. We say Leal had perfect boxout position and somehow 1987 is resurrected. There were numerous bad calls. It's ok to say that. 

sure the officiating was lopsided and bad.  at this point, that really doesn't matter.  honestly for me this gives me more confidence in this team than the OT win vs. PSU.  thing is that it is still a loss.  it's gonna be tough to win more than 6 in conference with this schedule.  Leal sure was a bright spot!  

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I don’t think it was ever reviewed but I swear Davison’s 3 in the first OT was a 2. Looked like his right foot was over the line. Originally went on score as a 2, then became a 3, but never reviewed by officials 

I thought that in real time but then assumed I was wrong since it was not mentioned.  

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

okay.  i'll complain about them too.  they were terrible.  that's better.  

Many have said we blew our chances for sure. But any basketball fan saw the calls leaning one way in this game. And having read your posts for a long time, as a knowledgeable basketball fan, you did too. So don’t act like the refs didn’t make a difference when you know they did.  Should we have won anyway? Yes. 

Another big moral victory for the Hoosiers... Smh.

F*** the Call Center of course, but I really don’t understand how our halfcourt sets at the end of games are so consistently awful, especially when the baseline sets are great.

Oh well.  At least I’m upset about this one... better than nothing.

Just now, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

Many have said we blew our chances for sure. But any basketball fan saw the calls leaning one way in this game. And having read your posts for a long time, as a knowledgeable basketball fan, you did too. So don’t act like the refs didn’t make a difference when you know they did.  Should we have won anyway? Yes. 

wait... this is what i'm saying.  we actually agree here.  the calls definitely leaned one way.  not arguing that!  it just doesn't look good to go around saying that's why we lost.  no one cares outside our fan base.  

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

I officiated over 30 years and I hardly every complain about officials. They have a tough job. These officials sucked and I hope Archie says something in the post game interview. There was absolutely no consistency and something that happened at one end was let go at the other end. You protect the shooter and tonight we got hammered and nothing was called. These 3 guys were bush league. 

Plus it’s not like IU shoots a ton of 3s. 80% or greater of our shots come from inside.  Yes you are correct, officials have a tough job but this was as bad as I’ve seen.  

Agree @iuthruandthru,

we’re close now. We now have several offensive weapons we didn’t show before, Hunter and Leal can fill it up from outside - and getting AF back hopefully soon will make this team a much more diverse offense.

TJD will remain the constant beast.

Then any of Al, AF, Hunter, Race, Galloway and Leal, and Rob when he brings his aggressiveness, can score the ball

And that’s with, finally, some deep shooting diversity. We can now spread the floor, and TJD and Race are going to have more room to work.

There is good reason to be encouraged by this game 

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

sure the officiating was lopsided and bad.  at this point, that really doesn't matter.  honestly for me this gives me more confidence in this team than the OT win vs. PSU.  thing is that it is still a loss.  it's gonna be tough to win more than 6 in conference with this schedule.  Leal sure was a bright spot!  

Lol. If we play like we did tonight we’ll win a lot more then 6, which would require 4-11 from here on out.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

F*** the Call Center of course, but I really don’t understand how our halfcourt sets at the end of games are so consistently awful, especially when the baseline sets are great.

Do you think our sets were wrong or did Rob running behind Al while bringing a defender not allowing a shot to get off cause it? Maybe not the sets....maybe the execution right??

7 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

I officiated over 30 years and I hardly every complain about officials. They have a tough job. These officials sucked and I hope Archie says something in the post game interview. There was absolutely no consistency and something that happened at one end was let go at the other end. You protect the shooter and tonight we got hammered and nothing was called. These 3 guys were bush league. 

I'm with you...rarely complain about officiating but this was pretty bad at points. And that said, we still had chances to win at the end of regulation and OT without Franklin on the floor. I do feel like the team figured some stuff out tonight offensively (let's exclude that awful play to end OT!!!). 

Good news though, I resisted to urge to break things after the game!! 🤬

As upset as I am with the loss, and I need to see us kill Nebraska before I can start to get over it, I was really happy for Leal and the playing time he got tonight. Those 3’s he hit were money and he played like a man on defense. Was hoping he had the chance to launch a few more. 

Quite a few guys stepped up tonight. Trayce was obviously a beast. Leal was awesome.

How about Jerome, too. He looked more comfortable out there than I think ever before.

All of this was without Armaan. We are going to be just fine if we keep playing like that.

9 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Trayce had a great look at the end of regulation and missed it. I’m sure CAM’s plan wasn’t for Al to spin into his man and get tied up either. Or have RP bring his man into play on that.  We can’t put anything on CAM tonight. 

Despite the turnovers, uneven refereeing and missing players, IU had two chances to win the game.  Yes, we knew they would never call a foul on Wisconsin, but first TJD missed a shot he should have made and second, just incredibly bad ball management and no shot ever taken.  Just can’t do that and still expect to win.  What a shame!

Archived