Wisconsin Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight was definitely encouraging as a team. Hate the loss when we had our chances. But we saw some things from Hunter and Leal that we have not seen. And without Franklin who has been our most consistent guard I cannot be more optimistic compared to how I felt after the PSU game that we won. Let’s go out and beat Nebraska handily and surge forward. 

19 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

Spare me the ref talk. How many times do we need to see a final possession drawn up as awfully as those (THREE separate terrible game closing possessions) until we realize Miller can't coach these moments in the Big Ten?

Bad calls, sure. I saw em. But we had this game and poor play calling threw away our opportunities to seal the deal. We played well for much of regulation, but I'm over moral victories. That was a joke of a loss.

You mean the final play of regulation that got TJD a drive to the basketball and got mugged.

I don't care what anyone says or wants to call me, the refs absolutely cost IU that game. 

Its absolutely insane that the free throws were 20-8 in a game that almost all of our points came in the paint. 

When we got the lead down the stretch the fouls were 10-4 in the second half. 

Even a remotely fair whistle we win by 8-10 in regulation. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Do you think our sets were wrong or did Rob running behind Al while bringing a defender not allowing a shot to get off cause it? Maybe not the sets....maybe the execution right??

Really doesn’t matter whether they’re poorly designed or poorly taught... End result is the same.

It’s the same pretty much every time we come out of a timeout at the end of a game... Dribble around aimlessly and chuck up a contested shot.

But to be fair, TJD did get a decent look at the end of regulation, just didn’t hit it.

15 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

OuR stars had the ball at the end! Got exactly what we wanted at the end of regulation and AL D gets tied up outside at the end of the first overtime we don’t even get a shot! How bad is that and that was after a timeout! 

The ending of the first OT was more on RP because he brought his defender to the ball

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't care what anyone says or wants to call me, the refs absolutely cost IU that game. 

Its absolutely insane that the free throws were 20-8 in a game that almost all of our points came in the paint. 

Gleas......I'm going to have to call you out.......for being correct.  

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You mean the final play of regulation that got TJD a drive to the basketball and got mugged.

Yes. The one where Rob dribbled aimlessly at the wing and then heaved it to trayce who got open from a spin. TJD is an athletic guy who got a decent look from his skills but it still wasn't an open shot. No screens set. One pass. Its a bad draw up.

And that was our best game sealing inbounds to talk about.

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Really doesn’t matter whether they’re poorly designed or poorly taught... End result is the same.

It’s the same pretty much every time we come out of a timeout at the end of a game... Dribble around aimlessly and chuck up a contested shot.

But to be fair, TJD did get a decent look at the end of regulation, just didn’t hit it.

Cool. Guess we just watch a game differently. 

The refs are always bad at Wiscy. Not sure that’s a surprise to anyone albeit frustrating for sure. 
Good effort tonight. CAM did a lot of good game planning and for the last few games has really lit a fire at halftime and made good adjustments. 
Moral victories suck. We had our chances and the bottom line is no matter how bad the refs are (and they were bad tonight) we’ve got to overcome it and win when give the opportunity. 
Leal, Hunter, Rob, TJD hats off to their performances. Al played better but still at times makes me want to throw things at my tv. 
On to Nebraska...can’t have a let down. 

16 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Another big moral victory for the Hoosiers... Smh.

F*** the Call Center of course, but I really don’t understand how our halfcourt sets at the end of games are so consistently awful, especially when the baseline sets are great.

Oh well.  At least I’m upset about this one... better than nothing.

Must watched a different games because I saw some good sets.  The out of bounds play that Al got a and 1 on and the final play that got TJD a layup and was foul with no call.

1 minute ago, Bushmage said:

Yes. The one where Rob dribbled aimlessly at the wing and then heaved it to trayce who got open from a spin. TJD is an athletic guy who got a decent look from his skills but it still wasn't an open shot.

And that was our best game sealing inbounds to talk about.

I guess we're just ignoring the inbounds where TJD at the elbow handed off to Durham on a curl for a layup and-1 to take a 2 point lead late in regulation?

Some of you guys are so transparent it's exhausting. 

30 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

come one guys.  be better than this.  calls went their way, but don't go around saying the refs cost us the game.  makes us look like whiney babies.  

But they did. It's okay to be honest about what happened, you aren't a strong man or taking the high road because you refuse to acknowledge what happened in the game. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

But they did. It's okay to be honest about what happened, you aren't a strong man or taking the high road because you refuse to acknowledge what happened in the game. 

Exactly, and every game has three entities that impact the game, the two teams and the officials. In this game the officials absolutely, undeniably had a definite impact on who won this game. 

2 minutes ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

I guess we're just ignoring the inbounds where TJD at the elbow handed off to Durham on a curl for a layup and-1 to take a 2 point lead late in regulation?

If you read my post I am referring specifically to the three game closing inbounds. I would not try to argue we weren't having a great game for much else of the time. We were. 

But when we had the chance to seal it, not one of the three chances looked prepared at all.

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

When we got up 56-50 and on the next 3 possessions they got 3 fouls called and hit 5 out of 6 from the line

4 minutes ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

The baseline plays have been consistently excellent since Archie’s first season.

21 minutes ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

That was a heck of a play call by Archie!! The refs though. Wow. I just don’t get it. You would think someone like Michigan State would get all the calls. What is up with Wisconsin?? It’s so bad every year!!

Archived