Wisconsin Postgame Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

They didn't show Archie up close that often during the game so we probably wouldn't notice it.  What are you thinking that he got in a fight in the locker room LOL!

Actually, he was going to town on that folding chair at the final buzzer. I was hopeing to see it fly either during or after that game. May he did work over a locker after all? 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

As former "chewer" it doesn't look like that.  His whole right side of his face is swollen.  Either he got hit, ran into something or had major dental work that caused that much swelling.

I know when I had a wisdom tooth taken out my face swollen and it blead for hours

18 minutes ago, DWB said:

My concern  (probably over reacting) is that the "wad" was cotton, gauze, or something similar, and he was spitting blood. Didn't know if you guys heard anything that would shed some light on it. Sure seems weird to me.

Interesting take I didn’t get to watch any postgame but now I’m intrigued 

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

Every year the selection committee leaves or a team or two people thought were for sure in. IU was in a position that they could've easily been left out. They were likely in but it was far from guaranteed. They were a bubble team so I disagree that it's "not arguable."

Stupid is trying to say that you can't say they didn't make the tournament because it was cancelled but you can still claim that made it even though it was cancelled. There was no tournament so IU neither made it or missed it. It still has not played in or been selected for the NCAAT  under Miller. Whether or not they would've made it last year is debatable because it's just opinion.

Honestly it's not Koolaid talk, we were in the tourney, had it happened, and we won our first B1G tourney game, which basically cemented that. Of course we can't say look, here's the selection committee's picks, but seriously we were in. The problem with the use of "opinion" here is just a buzzword for those who want to say CAM didn't make the tourney. I'm not going to convince you, and am not trying to do so, but very few buy this reasoning, it doesn't hold water

9 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Honestly it's not Koolaid talk, we were in the tourney, had it happened, and we won our first B1G tourney game, which basically cemented that. Of course we can't say look, here's the selection committee's picks, but seriously we were in. The problem with the use of "opinion" here is just a buzzword for those who want to say CAM didn't make the tourney. I'm not going to convince you, and am not trying to do so, but very few buy this reasoning, it doesn't hold water

Yeah ...but what did you think about CAM’s swollen face ?

6 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I agree that they were likely in, I just don't buy the definitely. My problem in with purple trying to pass opinion off as fact. The fact remains that IU had not made an NCAAT under Miller. That's what is not debatable unlike whether or not IU would've been in the tournament last year if it had been held.

5 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

I think it’s part of why tjd looks pissed off at life in general other than after he makes a spectacular play 

I see Trayce trying to be a leader...he's our best player, and he wants to win...badly...

He did get 16 shots last night, so it's not like he got froze out of anything...

I think at the end, he was gassed...49 minutes and he wasn't taking many of them off...

I do think we panicked a bit in the 2nd OT, when Jerome, Rob and Leal missed 3 pointers early in the shot clock, but I'm pretty sure CAM wasn't yelling "SHOOT!" as soon as they caught it...

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I see Trayce trying to be a leader...he's our best player, and he wants to win...badly...

He did get 16 shots last night, so it's not like he got froze out of anything...

I think at the end, he was gassed...49 minutes and he wasn't taking many of them off...

I do think we panicked a bit in the 2nd OT, when Jerome, Rob and Leal missed 3 pointers early in the shot clock, but I'm pretty sure CAM wasn't yelling "SHOOT!" as soon as they caught it...

Whoa ...let me clarify ...I wasn’t referring to Last night necessarily with that half joke .....watching this entire year watch him off the ball or moving between sets with inbounds plays and things .....he looks genuinely angry / disappointed.  Now I will say , his dad kind of always had that look and demeanor so maybe that’s just him but he just has not looked thrilled ....it really stood out in the pen state game.  And yes last night wasn’t as bad but in two ots where he plays basically the whole game your top player should probably be sitting with more than 16 shots especially with your number two offensive Weapon out 

1 hour ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Whoa ...let me clarify ...I wasn’t referring to Last night necessarily with that half joke .....watching this entire year watch him off the ball or moving between sets with inbounds plays and things .....he looks genuinely angry / disappointed.  Now I will say , his dad kind of always had that look and demeanor so maybe that’s just him but he just has not looked thrilled ....it really stood out in the pen state game.  And yes last night wasn’t as bad but in two ots where he plays basically the whole game your top player should probably be sitting with more than 16 shots especially with your number two offensive Weapon out 

His body language is similar to the Knight years and his players.  Competitor, wants the ball, wants others to play and play to the gameplan.  

3 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

I agree that they were likely in, I just don't buy the definitely. My problem in with purple trying to pass opinion off as fact. The fact remains that IU had not made an NCAAT under Miller. That's what is not debatable unlike whether or not IU would've been in the tournament last year if it had been held.

This talk gets made when someone uses the idiotic argument that Archie hasn't made the tournament at IU.  If people stop that kind of dumb chatter, this argument goes away.  It's the people using it as a sledgehammer that keep this thing going.  Anyone with reason is confident that IU would have played in March last season.

12 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

This talk gets made when someone uses the idiotic argument that Archie hasn't made the tournament at IU.  If people stop that kind of dumb chatter, this argument goes away.  It's the people using it as a sledgehammer that keep this thing going.  Anyone with reason is confident that IU would have played in March last season.

Fact: Miller has not made the NCAAT at IU.

Opinion: They would've made it last season of it had been held.

Opinions are not facts no matter how strongly they're believed.

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

Fact: Miller has not made the NCAAT at IU.

Opinion: They would've made it last season of it had been held.

Opinions are not facts no matter how strongly they're believed.

So, what exactly is your point here?

Did you major in semantics?

Your schtick gets really old really quick.

I hope you feel good about yourself... proving your point and all.

Please bring something to this board worth the time to read it. All I see is as negative as you can be... and really, is it that satisfying to you to believe you’re the smartest guy in the room?

13 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, what exactly is your point here?

Did you major in semantics?

Your schtick gets really old really quick.

I hope you feel good about yourself... proving your point and all.

Please bring something to this board worth the time to read it. All I see is as negative as you can be... and really, is it that satisfying to you to believe you’re the smartest guy in the room?

Engineering, not math. My point is that it is factually correct to say Miller has not taken IU to the tournament and to say differently is an opinion. If you want to interpret that as negative, that's on you. If you need to use your opinion that IU would've made the tournament last year to feel better, that's on you. I'm sorry if facts hurt your feelings. Feel free to put me on ignore.

5 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

IU has not made an NCAA tournament under Coach K either.

Sometimes facts can be misleading.

Archived