Wisconsin Postgame Thread

KDB

7 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Engineering, not math. My point is that it is factually correct to say Miller has not taken IU to the tournament and to say differently is an opinion. If you want to interpret that as negative, that's on you. If you need to use your opinion that IU would've made the tournament last year to feel better, that's on you. I'm sorry if facts hurt your feelings. Feel free to put me on ignore.

I don’t need anything from IU athletics to make me feel better. 

I have worked with several engineers and that explains a lot.

Would never feed your ego by putting you on ignore 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

Fact: Miller has not made the NCAAT at IU.

Opinion: They would've made it last season of it had been held.

Opinions are not facts no matter how strongly they're believed.

This is exactly the stupidity I'm talking about.  You know what you're doing here and we can all see through your agenda.  Your "fact" is absolutely meaningless unless you completely ignore context and yet it's used as a sledgehammer against Archie.  It's stupid.  Just stop.

23 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Engineering, not math. My point is that it is factually correct to say Miller has not taken IU to the tournament and to say differently is an opinion. If you want to interpret that as negative, that's on you. If you need to use your opinion that IU would've made the tournament last year to feel better, that's on you. I'm sorry if facts hurt your feelings. Feel free to put me on ignore.

It is incredibly disingenuous to say he hasn't made the tournament and this is his fourth year coaching at IU, because we all know he didn't get to complete his third season and was projected to make it by nearly everyone. 

So I think the biggest takeaway is that you are factually disingenuous and add nothing to the conversation. 

15 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I don’t need anything from IU athletics to make me feel better. 

I have worked with several engineers and that explains a lot.

Would never feed your ego by putting you on ignore 

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

This is exactly the stupidity I'm talking about.  You know what you're doing here and we can all see through your agenda.  Your "fact" is absolutely meaningless unless you completely ignore context and yet it's used as a sledgehammer against Archie.  It's stupid.  Just stop.

My ego doesn't care either way if you ignore me or not. I was just thinking it would make the site more bearable for you since you are facts as negative.

My "agenda" is that people should stop presenting pinion as fact. It is also that you can't have it both ways were the tournament cancellation can't be used against Miller but can be used on his favor. It was cancelled and never happened so it doesn't count for or against him.

2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

My ego doesn't care either way if you ignore me or not. I was just thinking it would make the site more bearable for you since you are facts as negative.

My "agenda" is that people should stop presenting pinion as fact. It is also that you can't have it both ways were the tournament cancellation can't be used against Miller but can be used on his favor. It was cancelled and never happened so it doesn't count for or against him.

Given the several spelling or grammatical errors in this post, and taking into account that you are an engineer... makes me wonder if you are the product of a Purdue education trying to represent as an IU fan on this forum 

5 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

We did not play in the tournament but he made the tournament last year.  To say he hasn't made the tournament is wrong

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Given the several spelling or grammatical errors in this post, and taking into account that you are an engineer... makes me wonder if you are the product of a Purdue education trying to represent as an IU fan on this forum 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We did not play in the tournament but he made the tournament last year.  To say he hasn't made the tournament is wrong

Typing quickly on my phone and not looking closely enough to the spell checker since this conversation has only a part of my attention.

Everyone's arguments are so convincing, I'll embrace the fantasy. When do we hang the National Championship banner?

1 minute ago, go_iu_bb said:

Typing quickly on my phone and not looking closely enough to the spell checker since this conversation has only a part of my attention.

Everyone's arguments are so convincing, I'll embrace the fantasy. When do we hang the National Championship banner?

You are not worth it because everyone said you can say we did not play but we did do enough to make the tournament

Just now, go_iu_bb said:

Yawn ... sweet dreams, of your prowess in winning the board tonight 🙄🙄🙄🙄

27 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

I'll repeat this once more since it's apparent you're struggling here...

The "tournament appearance" wasn't brought up until a few idiots with an agenda decided to make the ridiculous statement to the effect that Archie has been at IU three years without making the tournament. That's just asinine and screams agenda.  Of course reasonable people pushed back at such a stupid statement.  I'll say it once more so try to read slowly here and soak it in...

The only reason people argue IU would have made the tournament last March is that idiots with an agenda included year three in their "hasn't made the tournament" argument.  Stop making such dumb statements and people will stop arguing that IU would have made the tournament. I guarantee it.

Man that loss was tough. I was on the edge of my seat. We had our chances to win it. It was very frustrating. Beat Nebraska then the remaining schedule looks rough but I see this team competing and fighting tooth and nail. Hopefully that translates into enough wins to get in. 

The effort is there. Just need to make those winning plays in the big moments.

2 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Man that loss was tough. I was on the edge of my seat. We had our chances to win it. It was very frustrating. Beat Nebraska then the remaining schedule looks rough but I see this team competing and fighting tooth and nail. Hopefully that translates into enough wins to get in. 

The effort is there. Just need to make those winning plays in the big moments.

Your comment directed at the op is no longer valid. This thread has been hijacked and now serves as a 12 v 1 lynching. Tape measures are now required..

One thing I’m sure everyone noticed but I forgot to mention: Galloway wasn’t playing down the stretch.  But he was visibly pumped up with high level competitiveness.  He really, really wanted to win that game.  And he wasn’t even in.  That’s a high character kid.  Our whole freshman class is high character.  They are going to set a great example for the next set of recruits following them.  I wouldn’t want to be a kid without a high motor and have to face these guys as they become upperclassmen.  And Archie has us on a course of having a roster full of that mentality.  

26 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

One thing I’m sure everyone noticed but I forgot to mention: Galloway wasn’t playing down the stretch.  But he was visibly pumped up with high level competitiveness.  He really, really wanted to win that game.  And he wasn’t even in.  That’s a high character kid.  Our whole freshman class is high character.  They are going to set a great example for the next set of recruits following them.  I wouldn’t want to be a kid without a high motor and have to face these guys as they become upperclassmen.  And Archie has us on a course of having a roster full of that mentality.  

This is what people who want instant microwave results need to understand.

Archie has a philosophy,  one I beleive in. It is a slow burn to get there. 

We are seeing incriminental improvements on the floor, and in culture.

Enjoy the ride guys.

We have a system where players stay. We get to know them. We see them grow up and improve.

As much as it has its growing pains, I like that approach.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Correct. Same has been pointed out about Lander. He's getting few minutes, struggles when playing, but he jumps up off the bench and cheers his teammates with a big smile.

4 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Correct. Same has been pointed out about Lander. He's getting few minutes, struggles when playing, but he jumps up off the bench and cheers his teammates with a big smile.

I've noticed that too...makes me root that much harder for him.

Archived