Colts game thread-Bills 1/9

rico

Said it early this season: Rivers can be serviceable, but isn't the guy you want under center in the fourth quarter of a playoff game. He just can't make the throws he used to and he gives up on too many plays. That last series he wasted two downs by just chucking it out of bounds. 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, rico said:

If Buffalo ends up winning the Super Bowl, I will be pissed.

Shows how it close it will be. When Steelers win tomorrow and Bills beat up Steelers next week...everyone will be talking about Allen headed to KC for a chance to go to Super Bowl. Yet if the Colts didn't drop 7 balls, have their heads up somewhere on easy calls to get 3,etc....the Colts might be the one's headed to KC. 

As you guys know I'm a Bears fan first but I love Indy and all things Indiana.....this one frickin stings because it was right there for the taking. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Said it early this season: Rivers can be serviceable, but isn't the guy you want under center in the fourth quarter of a playoff game. He just can't make the throws he used to and he gives up on too many plays. That last series he wasted two downs by just chucking it out of bounds. 

Seemed like 2-3 of throws almost cost 4-5 seconds because they were floated. The difference? When you have 13 seconds you can still go middle of field and kick FG. When it got to 8 that was out the window.

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Well of his coach hadn't wasted all of their timeouts early we might not had to rush do much. When you are inside the 15 yard line and need  to go 50+ yards to get into the range it would help having some timeouts

I am starting to think I will never see another championship from my favorite teams.  I guess I should feel happy that I have seen a few championships because some fans probably haven't seen championships.  When your favorite teams are IU sports, Pacers, Colt's and Reds they all feel far from being a contender

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am starting to think I will never see another championship from my favorite teams.  I guess I should feel happy that I have seen a few championships because some fans probably haven't seen championships.  When your favorite teams are IU sports, Pacers, Colt's and Reds they all feel seats from being a contender

Colts will get another one. 

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am starting to think I will never see another championship from my favorite teams.  I guess I should feel happy that I have seen a few championships because some fans probably haven't seen championships.  When your favorite teams are IU sports, Pacers, Colt's and Reds they all feel seats from being a contender

IU Soccer

Colt's needs for the future

QB

OT

CB

DE

It seems like we are good on the OL except for LT.  We have good young RB and WR and hot big games from the TE today.

On defense we are good on the interior DL but need an outside pass rusher.  Our LB seems pretty set and the safety position looks good ad well. Need another good CB to feel out the defense

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wonder how many teams lost a playoff  game with these stat.

470 yards

0 turnovers

2 penalties

Kick the field goal and the game is tied. Kick the extra point and you win. In the playoffs you take the points.

Bad coaching decisions cost the Colts the game.

Have not read through this thread so sorry if I am being redundant. The Colts lost for multiple reasons, none related to Rivers:

- As Jeff said about Reich, take the points. We would have never been in the end of game scramble had he coached a conventional game. Secondly, whoever advised him to challenge the non fumble should be fired. Finally Frank. You might as well hang a sign around Brisett’s neck that reads, “I’m running a quarterback sneak.” Geez, Frank. You maybe were successful with that in week 10, but I think that the league has figured you out.

- 3 drops, 2 by Taylor and 1 by Hines that were drive killers and definitely left points on the table.

- 1 knucklehead who didn’t have the discipline to not jump offsides when everyone in America knew that the Bills were trying to draw a penalty. And to make matters worse, it negated an interception.

The Colts played well enough to win. Hard to get past the coaching mistakes. Too bad for Rivers because he played well enough to win and this is in no way on him

Archived