"OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

rico

What I remember most about Dick Enberg was him doing college basketball and NFL football on NBC  When you heard his voice on a game you knew it was an important game.  With him and Merlin Olson doing NFL games you knew it was the best game of the week in the AFC.  Also in college basketball he was with Al McGuire and Billy Packer and had to be able to keep those two in check.

24 minutes ago, snowling said:

Thanks Snowling for the link, and all you do for our board.

The 1981 Championship game. I remember it well.  Was on a plane to Las Vegas.  Did not hear about President Reagan being shot, until landing in Vegas.  Then wondered if the game would even be played.  Watched the game is a sport book, filled with the enemy fans all around. Think I was the only IU fan there.  It was me and Mr. Engberg  together.

Here's the game he called :

1981 NCAA National Championship Indiana vs UNC 

17 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks Snowling for the link, and all you do for our board.

The 1981 Championship game. I remember it well.  Was on a plane to Las Vegas.  Did not hear about President Reagan being shot, until landing in Vegas.  Then wondered if the game would even be played.  Watched the game is a sport book, filled with the enemy fans all around. Think I was the only IU fan there.  It was me and Mr. Engberg  together.

Here's the game he called :

1981 NCAA National Championship Indiana vs UNC 

I just watched that game on Youtube TV in the last month.

Archived