Nebraska pregame 1/10 6PM ET BTN

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’d love to see them take some frustration out on Nebrasketball and pound them from tip to buzzer. 

Agree. Part of the maturation of this team, if that is what is happening, is going to Nebraska after a tough loss and taking care of business as opposed to having a let down. 

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hope everyone is not expecting a huge beat down because that is not likely to happen.  I just hope we don't let the disappointment from the UE to linger into this game.

I’m expecting us to bring the same intensity we brought against Wisconsin. We do that the score will take care of itself.

33 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Even if we do I still think it won't be a blowout.  I could see us winning between 9-13 points if we play well

Have to disagree. If we play with the same amount of intensity tomorrow as we did against Wisconsin we will win by more then that. Despite some closer contests, this is still a team that has losses to OSU by 36 etc. 

Nebraska's roster...

Screenshot_20210110-074053.thumb.png.5810a52125450b9c98adbe6f21f00847.png

As I said, I've watched them 3 or 4 times this year. Teddy Allen can play a bit, but he's very undisciplined and a loose cannon. Left Huggy and UWV after one year, transfered to Wichita St and never played before Marshall booted him off for a domestic violence incident. He can score both from the perimeter and going to the hoop, but he's a one on one type. McGowens can play a little too. His brother, who is a 5 star recruit will be joining them next year. You may remember Kobe Webster from our Western Illinois game a year or two ago. He's not a bad player either...

Nebraska doesn't share the ball very well, and they take some very undisciplined shots. They aren't terrible on the defensive end, but if you get them down, they have a tendency to hang their heads and quit...

6 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

Could you translate this for me please and thanks.  

They have a couple of kids, Teddy Allen in particular, that like to run their mouths and act the tough guy. We are a good body-up defensive team, and we do get physical. I'd expect some chirping to go on between the 2 teams...we just have to keep our heads and not get distracted by their actions.

I was just looking over their starting lineup...

They start 

Ouedraogo 6'9

Banton 6'9

Mayen 6'9

Allen 6'6

McGowens 6'4

So they start a big team...a bit of a matchup problem for us.

If we start the same players we did last game, I think we'll probably go like this...

TJD on Ouedraogo 

Race on Banton 

Trey on Mayen 

Al on McGowans 

Rob on Allen 

It'll be interesting to see how Archie plays it. 

I hope Anthony and Jerome are ready again, because we're going to need them...

And with their size, Jordan Geronimo might play a big role here...

3 minutes ago, Jumping Jack Flash said:

So is Armaan out today?

It was implied earlier in the week he would miss the rest of the week at least. I wouldn’t be surprised he misses a few more. High ankle sprains aren’t nothing to scoff at. Sucks is he was moving well and getting good lift on his shot and shooting well. Hope this doesn’t set him back to early season form.

6 minutes ago, Jumping Jack Flash said:

So is Armaan out today?

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

It was implied earlier in the week he would miss the rest of the week at least. I wouldn’t be surprised he misses a few more. High ankle sprains aren’t nothing to scoff at. Sucks is he was moving well and getting good lift on his shot and shooting well. Hope this doesn’t set him back to early season form.

Yeah, in this Indy Star article from 2 days ago, Archie told Don Fischer Armaan was out for "the foreseeable future." 

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I was just looking over their starting lineup...

They start 

Ouedraogo 6'9

Banton 6'9

Mayen 6'9

Allen 6'6

McGowens 6'4

So they start a big team...a bit of a matchup problem for us.

If we start the same players we did last game, I think we'll probably go like this...

TJD on Ouedraogo 

Race on Banton 

Trey on Mayen 

Al on McGowans 

Rob on Allen 

It'll be interesting to see how Archie plays it. 

I hope Anthony and Jerome are ready again, because we're going to need them...

And with their size, Jordan Geronimo might play a big role here...

Banton usually lays their PG at 6'9

Archived