Hunter

1 hour ago, Hippopotamo said:

Hunter really matched up well as the small ball 4 in this game 

He was on the floor a few times in the 2nd half with TJD, Race, Leal, and mostly Al sprinkled with some Rob.  Then in the last 2 or 3 mins I think CAM was trying a little offense defense substitutions with him and Rob.  

Stats are stats. But 2 things that stand out about Jerome...

1. He is confident,  looking to make plays. He seems to have turned the corner mentally.

2. Physically he just looks different. More fluid, better lateral movement and an overall bounce in his step. 

The eyeball test shows the hard work is paying off.

33 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Stats are stats. But 2 things that stand out about Jerome...

1. He is confident,  looking to make plays. He seems to have turned the corner mentally.

2. Physically he just looks different. More fluid, better lateral movement and an overall bounce in his step. 

The eyeball test shows the hard work is paying off.

He isn't looking over his shoulder as much waiting to get the hook.  Beyond getting healthy, confidence and not being robotic for fear of the bench helps.  

Some good comments from Hunter on his increased role and time with confidence from CAM adding to his confidence in himself

“Archie’s giving me a lot of confidence right now,” Hunter said on Saturday. “Especially leaving me out there longer. In more minutes, I think I can do more things. Him having confidence in me is giving me confidence. I do feel like I’m getting back to my regular self.”

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/01/11/five-takeaways-from-indianas-win-over-nebraska-6/

This kid has a skill set that we really lack on this team. I love Galloway...not a knock on him but it’s night and day difference what these two offer. Trey brings a different kind of energy to the floor...one this team desperately needs they feed off it. But Hunter really spreads the floor and is a scoring threat that Trey just isn’t from the perimeter. Also he is getting his strength back in his legs and it’s helping him on defense and on the boards. He is a huge asset to have coming off the bench. With Armaan not on the floor I think we need to see more Hunter and less Galloway. When we don’t have Leal or Hunter on the floor the offense really can only go through Trayce...with them on the floor there is room for Al and Rob to drive and operate.

Archived