Nebraska Game Thread

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DWB said:

Race and Trayce have 4 points between them...total!

That's likely what changes in the 2nd half...Nebraska watches the 3-point line and Trayce and Race come alive.  No reason this isn't a 20-point win.  Play a little defense and it's 25-30 points.

Because I said that, I expect IU to win 71-69.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

It's mostly because Nebraska is completely collapsing. We're taking what the defense is giving us. 

Running 2 guys at him in addition to his defender...I thought he did a good job dribbling out of the double/triple team and finding open shooters...

1 minute ago, Lostin76 said:

What a weird half, but I’ll take it. Not feeling great about Rob’s ankle/knee but at least shots are falling. 

Leal is really impressing me on both ends suddenly and nice to see a confident Hunter out there.

Yep Hunter looks really good. Still isn’t a great defensive player but no longer a liability. On offense he really is expanding his game. That’s important not to settle for threes. Pray Rob is alright. Why is it as soon as a guy finds his game (Armaan/Rob) they get hurt?

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It's mostly because Nebraska is completely collapsing. We're taking what the defense is giving us. 

Yes...but it’s important not to fall in love with the 3...now that we’ve hit some they are flying out on close outs and Al, Rob, Trey have been able to shot fake and get to the rim. Playing really good on offense except for that 4 min stretch we let Nebraska back into it.

Just now, dgambill said:

Yep Hunter looks really good. Still isn’t a great defensive player but no longer a liability. On offense he really is expanding his game. That’s important not to settle for threes. Pray Rob is alright. Why is it as soon as a guy finds his game (Armaan/Rob) they get hurt?

I thought his defense was good in the 1st half...he made a couple of nice switches and stayed in front of his guy...

Archived