Nebraska Post-Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is like the 3rd time I have watched Neb. and this was a typical game for them but this time they made a run and got the lead.  It seems like they get down big ealry and then make a run to cut it to like 8 and then the other team pushed the lead back up.  That usually happens 2 or 3 times in the game but they usually don't get the lead under 6 or 8 points.

If you want to know how to beat IU just defend the way Neb. did today.  They took Trayce out of the game.  Good thing IU was hot in the first half, because the second half was bad.  If that wasn’t Nebraska I don’t know.  The only way to win going forward is with consistent guard play and, good grief, better free throw shooting.  Also, they have to figure out how to impose Trayce on the other team.

Great to see Hunter and Leal do good things. Happy for them. Leal works his tail off and Hunter has been through so much. I think we are finally starting to see a good glimpse of what Hunter was supposed to be before the injury and it’s exciting. Let’s bring that first half shooting performance against Purdue! 

1 minute ago, Indiana8585 said:

Right here, you have a question? I’m sure you’re excited with such an ugly game but that was awful no other way to put it. 

I didn’t like it but honestly looked like a team playing 3rd game in a week that just came off a double OT loss playing on the road again. Nobody had legs at that the end. We played a good first half but we did look like we thought Nebraska would pack it up but to their credit they played hard.

2 minutes ago, IUguy said:

If you want to know how to beat IU just defend the way Neb. did today.  They took Trayce out of the game.  Good thing IU was hot in the first half, because the second half was bad.  If that wasn’t Nebraska I don’t know.  The only way to win going forward is with consistent guard play and, good grief, better free throw shooting.  Also, they have to figure out how to impose Trayce on the other team.

That’s what Purdue did last year to Trayce...I expect they do it again.

2 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

This team could’ve buckled when Nebraska took the lead in the second half. Very ugly win but at least we showed resiliency and didn’t quit. 

Neb. missed two free throws and 2 3's 3 trips in a row under 3 mins. and we built the lead hitting a couple free throws.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I didn’t like it but honestly looked like a team playing 3rd game in a week that just came off a double OT loss playing on the road again. Nobody had legs at that the end. We played a good first half but we did look like we thought Nebraska would pack it up but to their credit they played hard.

If that was the case would wouldn't have came out and played so well early on.  I just thought we came out and hit a lot of 3's early and they started to settle for the 3.  galloway has hit a wall because he is not playing like he was early on.  Hos shooting is not good and his form is broken.

3 minutes ago, Indiana8585 said:

Watching with my dad but I’m not sure why you’re trying to call me out? Pretty odd I’ll make sure I post every second 

It’s because you didn’t say a thing until Nebraska cut the lead to like 2 pts. I’m disappointed in the second half effort too but give credit to the guys for the first half and credit them gritting out a win.

Archie owns the collapse. No excuses. When your opponent clears out and beats you 1 on 1 off the dribble repeatedly for the better part of the second half, it's coaching. It shouldn't take that long to come up with the answer.

And the offense couldn't figure out how to get TJD the ball. It's a win but they have to figure that out or it's going to be the same the rest of the season. 

Archived