Nebraska Post-Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IUFLA said:

Iowa still doesn't play defense though...

We give a top notch defensive effort in Iowa City, we can be in the game...

Watched some of the Iowa and Minnesota game and Minnesota kept it close for a half. Iowa just went on a big run to start the second half and those runs is what makes Iowa good.

20 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Interesting tweet by Sam, but I agree

I agree with Coach on 99% of his posts. The ladies and guys I know that actually matter....keep saying the same thing. We have to break this cycle of hiring and firing. Miller is safe gang unless Dolson wants to try and make his mark early. 

Otherwise. Onward and upward. Beat Purdue. 

I went back and looked at the 3 BS plays Teddy Allen made...the kick toward Leal's legs on the 3, the rough foul and the leg scissor on TJD, and the ball punch that almost caught Al in the face...

I think the B1G should do something about that. He's gonna hurt someone bad...

It's a shame, because he does have some talent...

I was disappointed in 3 things.  Lack of stopping the dribble penetration like we did against Wisconsin.  Could have been fatigue and also Phinisee injury and going a little bigger with TJD, Race, and Hunter in together.  

2nd.  Getting beat in transition repeatedly.  

3.  TJD has to play with fire on both sides of the ball.  Beat in transition many times.  With about 4 to go you could hear CAM scream Trayce get in position.  

With all that said, Rob coming back is a good sign and he should be good, I would think.  Gotta think Armaan will be back.  Hopefully Al is so angry at himself that he gets on the Leal regimen starts making 500 free throws a day.  

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I was disappointed in 3 things.  Lack of stopping the dribble penetration like we did against.  Could have been fatigue and also Phinisee injury and going a little bigger with TJD, Race, and Hunter in together.  

3.  TJD has to play with fire on botha sides of the ball.  Beat in transition many times.  With about 4 to go you could hear CAM scream Trayce get in position.  

With all that said, Rob coming back is a good sign and he should be good, I would think.  Gotta think Armaan will be back.  Hopefully Al is so angry at himself that he gets on the Leal regimen starts making 500 free throws a day.  

Hoiberg played to their strength...they don't move the ball well, and they don't play like a team...so spread em out and take them one on one...they do have some kids with talent there...Allen, McGowans, and Banton...

12 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

First 2 I agree, Iowa is a monster

Thing about Iowa is that they aren’t ubber athletic...kinda like Wisconsin in that manner. We can defend them...if they are hitting then we’ll tip your hat and good night but if they are missing we can do enough to beat them. They’ve had some stinkers shooting but knowing our luck we will catch them hot.

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I was disappointed in 3 things.  Lack of stopping the dribble penetration like we did against.  Could have been fatigue and also Phinisee injury and going a little bigger with TJD, Race, and Hunter in together.  

3.  TJD has to play with fire on botha sides of the ball.  Beat in transition many times.  With about 4 to go you could hear CAM scream Trayce get in position.  

I don’t think Armaan will be back for awhile.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I know Hunter's rebound and putback of his own miss was big, but I thought Leal's 3 to tie it at 69 was the biggest basket of the ballgame for us...

Both were huge plays! You can tell Coach is starting to trust those guys more. They’ve both been fun to watch and are really easy to root for. 

I’m very much in the more leal and hunter club right now. I feel leal deserves some of treys minutes. Until Trey fixes that knuckleball 3 he is a liability on offense, even with his all around game being a positive. They were playing off him so much and it was clogging up that side of the floor inside. I still want Trey playing, but leal deserves the minutes he(leal) got tonight. He’s been a different player the last 3 games. Much more confident and defense so much better too. And he’s our best player on the team at feeding the post. 

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t think Armaan will be back for awhile.

Why is that?  I've had the ball of my ankle on the ground thinking something was broken, swollen like a grapefruit, black and blue, and played in 10 days.  Armaan came back out and got re-wrapped like he was wanting and possibly able to come back in.  Not iced up or elevated.  What I saw was a minor sprain.  I remain hopeful but we do know that the IU athletic department bubble wraps players.  

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I’m very much in the more leal and hunter club right now. I feel leal deserves some of treys minutes. Until Trey fixes that knuckleball 3 he is a liability on offense, even with his all around game being a positive. They were playing off him so much and it was clogging up that side of the floor inside. I still want Trey playing, but leal deserves the minutes he got tonight. He’s been a different player the last 3 games. Much more confident and defense so much better too. And he’s our best player on the team at feeding the post. 

Leal played really well but he was 1-4. Trey was 4-8 with 3 assists. I like seeing what both bring to this team

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I’m very much in the more leal and hunter club right now. I feel leal deserves some of treys minutes. Until Trey fixes that knuckleball 3 he is a liability on offense, even with his all around game being a positive. They were playing off him so much and it was clogging up that side of the floor inside. I still want Trey playing, but leal deserves the minutes he got tonight. He’s been a different player the last 3 games. Much more confident and defense so much better too. And he’s our best player on the team at feeding the post. 

I'm pretty sure Al prefers himself over feeding TJD the ball.  If anyone rewatches, tell me if I'm wrong.  Me and a buddy watched and we both noticed.  I recalled 2 post feeds all ga e out of at least 10 possible chances between Al and TJD.  Leal just makes the smart easy pass, no extra dribble to be dribbling.  

Archived