Nebraska Post-Game Thread

KDB

Guys.  I didn't see the game.  So, maybe this comment is off-base. 

But, Trey Galloway was 4-8 from the field, with 3 assists.  I don't think he needs to sit because he can't make 3's.  I just don't think he needs to shoot 4 in a game.

Bottom line is we have 9 healthy players, and it's clear that Archie does not yet have full confidence in Lander and Geronimo.  We need Trey to play 20-25 minutes a game, and play to his strengths.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NotIThatLives said:

I'm pretty sure Al prefers himself over feeding TJD the ball.  If anyone rewatches, tell me if I'm wrong.  Me and a buddy watched and we both noticed.  I recalled 2 post feeds all ga e out of at least 10 possible chances between Al and TJD.  Leal just makes the smart easy pass, no extra dribble to be dribbling.  

Al is also kind of mediocre at making crisp entry passes. Him driving to the hoop with purpose is good offense anyway. 

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

But, Trey Galloway was 4-8 from the field, with 3 assists.  I don't think he needs to sit because he can't make 3's.  I just don't think he needs to shoot 4 in a game.

Bottom line is we have 9 healthy players, and it's clear that Archie does not yet have full confidence in Lander and Geronimo.  We need Trey to play 20-25 minutes a game, and play to his strengths.

Lander did bank in a 3 in the first half

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Nebraska really packed the middle...  I understand what you are saying, but he still has to be a threat to pull the trigger 

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't think it was his line, but his shot selection on the 3s was not good...

He made plays, but the way Nebraska collapsed on TJD, we needed someone in there to make open shots...

34 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I went back and looked at the 3 BS plays Teddy Allen made...the kick toward Leal's legs on the 3, the rough foul and the leg scissor on TJD, and the ball punch that almost caught Al in the face...

I think the B1G should do something about that. He's gonna hurt someone bad...

It's a shame, because he does have some talent...

The leg scissor on TJD was really a punk move. Could cause a bad injury 

19 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I’m very much in the more leal and hunter club right now. I feel leal deserves some of treys minutes. Until Trey fixes that knuckleball 3 he is a liability on offense, even with his all around game being a positive. They were playing off him so much and it was clogging up that side of the floor inside. I still want Trey playing, but leal deserves the minutes he got tonight. He’s been a different player the last 3 games. Much more confident and defense so much better too. And he’s our best player on the team at feeding the post. 

Agree but not as a knock on Galloway. Said it the other day but Galloway has now been scouted and until he develops his jumper he is too easy to defend now, he needs to add the jumper to his game. 

Please no one take this as a criticism of Galloway. It’s just an area of his game he needs to develop, and as hard as he works I’m sure he will. He helps move the ball well, he moves off ball very well and gets to the right spots, he scores downhill when the opportunity is there. And when AF is back his offense will improve in tandem with AF’s offense. But he has to develop his shot 

1 minute ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I think they all could be doing more on their own time 😀

When a guy like Leal comes in and starts outworking people and starts getting playing time, making the most of the opportunity, and gets positive press, it hopefully becomes contagious and then sets a new precedent and lays a foundation for the culture.  

Just now, hoosier_exotics said:

Hopefully Lander works on his shot this off season. He really dips that ball low and blows through his shot pocket on the way up.  Shoots it flat every time he does it

Lander' shot definitely needs work.  But, his bread and butter in college will be his playmaking (including decision-making).  Throw in the fact that he is going to have to play defense better to see the floor, and he needs to tighten those things up before he gives too much focus to his shot.   

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He definitely does not need to sit. But don’t think anyone is saying that. Someone said maybe Leal should get some of his minutes. That’s not an unreasonable thought. Leal is growing his D well, and is a strong outside shooter. But Galloway is important all around to the team, he needs to and will play major minutes whatever those minutes are. Just looking at the box though doesn’t reflect his outside shot, it needs work, work he will put in 

14 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Agree but not as a knock on Galloway. Said it the other day but Galloway has now been scouted and until he develops his jumper he is too easy to defend now, he needs to add the jumper to his game. 

Please no one take this as a criticism of Galloway. It’s just an area of his game he needs to develop, and as hard as he works I’m sure he will. He helps move the ball well, he moves off ball very well and gets to the right spots, he scores downhill when the opportunity is there. And when AF is back his offense will improve in tandem with AF’s offense. But he has to develop his shot 

Yeah, as I said Galloway needs to see the court. But leal got some minutes tonight that he earned. Galloway was 0-4 from 3. They all looked ugly and he passed up another 3-4 open ones that if leal was in would have been at least 1-2 makes.  Not a knock on Trey because I love watching him play and him and leal have a very high basketball iq and make winning plays. His dunk and assists and rebounds were great. But when a team runs a zone like that against us we can’t afford to have someone on the perimeter that cannot make a 3. That leads to a worse shot later on in the clock. Love Trey, his intangibles are great and his athleticism and body control is off the charts. But when a team is running a zone like that and packing it in on TJD and making him pass out of a double or triple team, that position becomes a liability if there’s no threat to shoot. 

Archived