Purdue pregame 1/14 7:00 pm ET FS1

17 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I'm not disagreeing, there are teams that are pretty clearly the best in conf, but the conference as a whole is stacked and just about anyone can get W's against just about anyone.

We have a slew of tough games, but here's a stretch I personally think we're going to rock:

Iowa

NW

OSU

Minn

MSU

Honestly, we could go 5-0 in that stretch. We may have everyone healthy and firing on all cylinders by then, they're all home games, I think we nail NWU next time, Iowa kind of an outlier but defensively suspect, and OSU, MINN and MSU all have their problems.

NW & OSU are road games during that stretch

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Honestly nothing would surprise me on Thursday. A close game where either could prevail or a blowout for one side or the other. That kind of year honestly. Law of averages says you guys are due for a W. My prediction is IU by 5. 

I would be shocked by a blowout either way. Neither team has blown anyone out, and the only game for either team I would consider a blowout was both to top ten teams. I think it will be a close, physical game full of Matt Painter tears; hopefully not just because he whines to the ref like a baby all game but because he cries after the loss like a pig when it sees a Purdue frat boy approach it after one too many beers. 

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Honestly nothing would surprise me on Thursday. A close game where either could prevail or a blowout for one side or the other. That kind of year honestly. Law of averages says you guys are due for a W. My prediction is IU by 5. 

Gold and Black Illustrated crowd moving toward @Stlboiler23's abode...

imageproxy.gif.cd9f39a15fc2c1d69c4af42507211f70.gif

4 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think we are incapable of blowing anyone out in the B1G. We can’t play for 40 mins without a couple 4-5 stretch of bad ball. Could go the other way like last year I suppose...say if Trayce gets in foul trouble. I imagine a close game and maybe free throws the difference down the stretch.

4 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Be gone with you, foul Purdoucher!  Off to the dorms of west lafayette to graze with the live stock!! 🐄🐖 🤣🤣

P.S. really like your pick tho.  Good luck and I hope its a good game you guys lose by 30 and everyone stays healthy.  We'll see ya on Friday. 👍

I’ll say it-Purdue’s size and depth down low terrifies me. We absolutely can not afford either TJD or Race in foul trouble. Purdue, in many way, reminds me of our own team. Stretches of really good hoops followed by total offensive ineptitude. Feels like this would be a huge win in more ways than one.

Archived