Purdue pregame 1/14 7:00 pm ET FS1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PritchardPutBack said:

Since I saw there was some lineup talk to start the thread, there is this pretty cool site I've come across called hoop-explorer which has the efficiency/adjusted efficiency for all of our lineups used so far this year (can search other teams lineups too). I think Kenpom has on/off as well as some other sites, but it seems like more often than not it is behind a paywall and this one is free.

I don't know if the sample size for some of these lineups are large enough to give a bunch of meaningful info yet, but it is really interesting to look at. I messaged the guy who runs the site recently and he added the "Games" option in that quick select area where you can see how many possessions each lineup had per game or you can see that a lineup like Rob/Al/Armaan/Race/Trayce hasn't been used since Archie made Trey a starter. Link to this screenshot is here  https://hoop-explorer.com/LineupAnalyzer?baseQuery=&filter=&gender=Men&maxRank=400&maxTableSize=50&minPoss=5&minRank=0&showTotal=true&sortBy=desc%3Aoff_poss&team=Indiana&year=2020%2F21&

image.png

This is amazing information! Is the top line of each lineup offense, bottom line defense? 

2 hours ago, PritchardPutBack said:

Since I saw there was some lineup talk to start the thread, there is this pretty cool site I've come across called hoop-explorer which has the efficiency/adjusted efficiency for all of our lineups used so far this year (can search other teams lineups too). I think Kenpom has on/off as well as some other sites, but it seems like more often than not it is behind a paywall and this one is free.

I don't know if the sample size for some of these lineups are large enough to give a bunch of meaningful info yet, but it is really interesting to look at. I messaged the guy who runs the site recently and he added the "Games" option in that quick select area where you can see how many possessions each lineup had per game or you can see that a lineup like Rob/Al/Armaan/Race/Trayce hasn't been used since Archie made Trey a starter. Link to this screenshot is here  https://hoop-explorer.com/LineupAnalyzer?baseQuery=&filter=&gender=Men&maxRank=400&maxTableSize=50&minPoss=5&minRank=0&showTotal=true&sortBy=desc%3Aoff_poss&team=Indiana&year=2020%2F21&

image.png

That is very cool...still trying to decipher some of it, but very neat to play with...

Hey! @IU Scott! Got a new toy for us to play with! 😉

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

This is amazing information! Is the top line of each lineup offense, bottom line defense? 

Yup! There's a lot of options so it is weird to get used to at first because I don't think it's the most intuitive interface in the world but it is really fun to mess around with once you get the hang of it. At the top of the screen if you go to "On/Off" and then select "Base" it'll give you info by player instead of lineup. Fun to plug and play different combinations in there like on/off numbers when Trayce and Rob are on the court or whatever

I'm assuming since he was the first to do last year Painter will double up TJD each and every possession. Do you move TJD around a bit on high low hoping to draw fouls and score from the line....or do we just hope he has 10 assists tonight because every time he touches he kicks out quick for Al/Rob and hopefully Armaan?

I haven't watched any Purdue hoops yet this year. Still the same deal on both ends?

Agree with Seeking6 above about moving Trayce up higher in the post, but I also would like the defense to quit switching on the high ball screen from a guard to the 5 (Trayce or Race). Neither of them can stay with a quick guard at the top of the key. 

We must have lost 10 points a game, at least, in the last 2-3 games because of that switch rule that CAM has in place.

15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My fear is we double down on Williams and they go crazy from 3. Not exactly world beaters guarding the 3.williams is a great passer out of the double

He is...

Their best 3 point guys are Stefanovic (49%) Newman (40%) Gillis (31%) and Thompson (off the bench...40%)...Let Ivey (15%) take them all day long...

Just now, IUFLA said:

He is...

Their best 3 point guys are Stefanovic (49%) Newman (40%) Gillis (31%) and Thompson (off the bench...40%)...Let Ivey (15%) take them all day long...

I think we play Williams straight up maybe dig down but not double from weak side. Ball will end up in Sasha hands for a 3. If I were PU I would double TJD and force someone else to beat them. Great opportunity for a couple of our guys to step up and make some big plays.  

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think we play Williams straight up maybe dig down but not double from weak side. Ball will end up in Sasha hands for a 3. If I were PU I would double TJD and force someone else to beat them. Great opportunity for a couple of our guys to step up and make some big plays.  

Who do we put on Stefanovic? If Armaan was available, it'd be an easy call, but without him? I say Rob, with Trey on Newman and Al on Hunter...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Who do we put on Stefanovic? If Armaan was available, it'd be an easy call, but without him? I say Rob, with Trey on Newman and Al on Hunter...

I think Rob as well. I think we will be find defensively if we can just close out on shooters. I think we are the better team but we can't have mental mistakes and scoring droughts. 

35 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yes. I think Williams can disappear if we don't let him get early touches. Begins will ball pressure

The opposite happened last game. He was super quiet in the first half and then exploded in the 2nd half. It’ll be interesting to see how Archie chooses to defend him. 

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The opposite happened last game. He was super quiet in the first half and then exploded in the 2nd half. It’ll be interesting to see how Archie chooses to defend him. 

Are the Boilers bringing the ringer ref crew they had in East Lansing?

;) 

Archived