Purdue pregame 1/14 7:00 pm ET FS1

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Just take care of the ball.  Feed it through TJD.  If you're open, shoot the damn ball.  Don't fall in love with the 3.  Please good defense. BRING THE ENGERGY, ALL GAME!!!

That's it don't let them out hustle you ever again.  This "play hard" mantra bs ends right now.  Standards are standards for a reason.  

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

The opposite happened last game. He was super quiet in the first half and then exploded in the 2nd half. It’ll be interesting to see how Archie chooses to defend him. 

Yep the key is to our work him and not let him get deep and sit. He is really deadly once he has you pinned down low and gets it deep. Make him work to get it further out on the floor...he can still score and do things but no where near as impactful as when he gets good position. Problem is Trayce can be really lazy with his defensive positioning and opting to make up for it with his quick jump and long arms to defend... Williams uses his body too well imo for Trayce to rely on that. Going to be about our working him on both ends. The team that does the best job defending the paint will win.

22 minutes ago, Huntnfreak said:

I just hope the refs let them play...allow some flow to the game.

I hope the know the difference between “letting them play” and letting them beat the hell out of someone.  If they let Purdue beat the hell out of TJD then I’m afraid he will play soft and not take it strong to the basket.  If TJD plays soft, I don’t think we have a very good chance of winning this one.

7 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

My fear is we double down on Williams and they go crazy from 3. Not exactly world beaters guarding the 3.williams is a great passer out of the double

We allow 32% from three. 

There are legitimate things to complain about with this team, anything related to our defense isn't on that list. 

35 minutes ago, Huntnfreak said:

I just hope the refs let them play...allow some flow to the game.

I hope the opposite of this. We do a good job of playing good defense without fouling, Purdue plays very physical defense typically. I hope they call it by the book or else we will be at a disadvantage. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

We allow 32% from three. 

There are legitimate things to complain about with this team, anything related to our defense isn't on that list. 

There are a few legitimate complaints about our defense but not many.  Mostly about hustle and not always showing up. Maybe hedging TJD/Race out to the half court line at time.  But mostly our defense is pretty top notch and does a good job.  I am waiting to see how we do against a really good three point shooting team.  

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

We allow 32% from three. 

Almost anything -- our D has fallen off a bit in conference play as teams have forced the pack line to extend -- we need to continue to work on extending better as teams spread the offense, 4-out etc. We're still something like a top 15 or so D, last time i checked, we're a good defensive team, but we've been extended badly in a few B1G games and lost in part because of it.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Hopefully this means a solid 20 minutes if we can get that many. I'm getting my normal hour before hatred built up. For once I'd like us to come out and set tone instead of some kid I've never heard of hit a few shots and IU is down 11-3 after the first 5 and it's uphill from there.

Love the fan interaction this board brings but I might have to sit this game out for awhile. 

25 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Almost anything -- our D has fallen off a bit in conference play as teams have forced the pack line to extend -- we need to continue to work on extending better as teams spread the offense, 4-out etc. We're still something like a top 15 or so D, last time i checked, we're a good defensive team, but we've been extended badly in a few B1G games and lost in part because of it.

I guess. I wouldn't say falling from 10 to 14 out of 350 some odd teams is a drop off, but to each their own. 

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I hope the opposite of this. We do a good job of playing good defense without fouling, Purdue plays very physical defense typically. I hope they call it by the book or else we will be at a disadvantage. 

How’s that no flow treating us?? We’re not a good enough FT shooting team to make it work...unfortunately.

Archived