Purdue pregame 1/14 7:00 pm ET FS1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

@Stlboiler23 Going to be a tough crowd the next several days. Either way don’t take offense but your not going to get a fair shake when it’s Purdue week. Good luck...hope you guys come out of it healthy....and with a L of course. 😉

It took years to get a fair shake over here haha. Rivalry week is a cakewalk these days. All good!

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

@Stlboiler23 Going to be a tough crowd the next several days. Either way don’t take offense but your not going to get a fair shake when it’s Purdue week. Good luck...hope you guys come out of it healthy....and with a L of course. 😉

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It took years to get a fair shake over here haha. Rivalry week is a cakewalk these days. All good!

Yeah, love your company and I'm doing what I can to be a good partner there, but I detest your toiletmakers.  IU is long overdue to reverse the win-loss trend in the series and I'm looking forward to silencing this obnoxious thread:

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/how-many-days-has-it-been-since-iu-defeated-purdue-in-bb.190818/

If DJ Carstensen(sp) is reffing Thursday then we lose for sure.  He doesn’t call squat, particularly inside.  TJD will get mugged and then play soft.  Hope that’s not the case but I have a feeling we will get Carstensen and Bo Boroski (another one that lets people beat the hell out of each other inside).

Does anyone know often we are testing? Trying to get a picture of what might happen with Nebraska player or staff testing positive after we just saw them and potentially exposed? Kids already tested since they returned and all systems go? 

Guess I just don't the exact plan Big 10 has for these situations.

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Does anyone know often we are testing? Trying to get a picture of what might happen with Nebraska player or staff testing positive after we just saw them and potentially exposed? Kids already tested since they returned and all systems go? 

Guess I just don't the exact plan Big 10 has for these situations.

From one of the articles I recently read (one of them about Leal, maybe?) it sounds like they get tested every day.

12 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

From one of the articles I recently read (one of them about Leal, maybe?) it sounds like they get tested every day.

I was going to say the same thing...here's a video...go to about the 8 minute mark...

He says "every day" and "don't test positive." Which ruled out school testing. Can't imagine they'd drug test them every day...

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

This game probably gets postponed

I thought the thinking was that it was Ouedraogo who was the positive test, and he wasn't in the Arena for the IU game...I don't know what the protocol/contact tracing guidelines are on that one...

Since I saw there was some lineup talk to start the thread, there is this pretty cool site I've come across called hoop-explorer which has the efficiency/adjusted efficiency for all of our lineups used so far this year (can search other teams lineups too). I think Kenpom has on/off as well as some other sites, but it seems like more often than not it is behind a paywall and this one is free.

I don't know if the sample size for some of these lineups are large enough to give a bunch of meaningful info yet, but it is really interesting to look at. I messaged the guy who runs the site recently and he added the "Games" option in that quick select area where you can see how many possessions each lineup had per game or you can see that a lineup like Rob/Al/Armaan/Race/Trayce hasn't been used since Archie made Trey a starter. Link to this screenshot is here  https://hoop-explorer.com/LineupAnalyzer?baseQuery=&filter=&gender=Men&maxRank=400&maxTableSize=50&minPoss=5&minRank=0&showTotal=true&sortBy=desc%3Aoff_poss&team=Indiana&year=2020%2F21&

image.png

Archived