TJD Named Co-B1G Player of the Week

KDB

18 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

He rakes these in. Kid is a stud. Next steps for him to really take it to another level -- consistent effort on both ends in all games, developing his in-game jump shot -- showing it.

I will be interested to see what kind of pro player he is.  Right now, he seems pretty limited.  JMHO.  😊

37 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

TJD named the 4th best player in college basketball this season to date on ESPN (insider article).  Still not on many, if any, draft boards for 2021 or 2022.

He'll get on the draft boards, several of which are completely useless anyway. But he needs to develop / show an outside shot, and more defensively, key at 6'9 for the League.

20 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

He'll get on the draft boards, several of which are completely useless anyway. But he needs to develop / show an outside shot, and more defensively, key at 6'9 for the League.

Right hand development is probably the most important but yes outside shot would help a ton!!

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'm looking.  I'm looking. 

Some help for you...

2nd in minutes played

4th in FGs

4th in FG %

2nd in 2 pt FGs

1st in FTs attempted and made

3rd in Rebounds

2nd in Blocked Shots

4th in Points scored

5th in PPG

And just for the Metrics people

4th in Player Efficiency Rating

5th in Offensive Win Shares

1st in Defensive Win Shares

So, yeah...I think he's Top 4 in the B1G, easily...

19 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yes he often tries to avoid going to his off hand and shoulder in the post, and teams clearly try to front him to force that 

This is the one thing that almost every announcer has to say about trace.  Not that he doesn't have an outside shot or that he can't make a mid range.  Its always that he can't use his right hand or that left shoulder.

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

So a guy that trots down the court on defense a decent percentage of the time will still likely make all defense team.  Imagine where he'd be with Cody Zeller's motor?  

Hey, I didn't create the metric...I just use them when they suit my argument 😁

Archived