2021 Way to early top 25

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

We have to win @Iowa first!!!!!!

I hate that we're opening at Iowa.  I thought Penix looked pretty rusty against PSU, and in the first half against Rutgers before he finally started to get back in the groove.  Hopefully he comes out next season firing from the start.  I wish we could have had a couple cupcake games for him to get back into things.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

I hate that we're opening at Iowa.  I thought Penix looked pretty rusty against PSU, and in the first half against Rutgers before he finally started to get back in the groove.  Hopefully he comes out next season firing from the start.  I wish we could have had a couple cupcake games for him to get back into things.

agree

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

Iowa is probably thinking the same thing that they have to open with us.   

I like the Iowa match-up for the first game jokes aside. Road game and a conference test against a defense that is losing a couple of key linemen and IU already faces good DBs in practice so it doesn't intimidate me even if they do end up bringing back their entire secondary.

Just feel this way since this is one of those years a Ball State wouldn't qualify as a cupcake and always felt there is more "face" to lose getting upset in week 1 than a coin flip or even going in as slight 'dogs.  

Not that I think we would get beat in any case. Just thinking along the lines of risk vs reward. I'll take IU with any chance at a ranked B1G win right out of the gates in an y season. 

So much is coming back on both sides of the ball that the maturity is there to handle themselves at Iowa - even if fans are able to return. Plus we missed out on that match up for week 9.  I was really looking forward to the PUke and would-be-at-the-time Iowa games before the Covid shutdown interrupted the home stretch..

Archived