Article on staying patient on coaches, Shaka, followed by CAM

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

To me hot seat is just saying step up or you’re fired.  Yeah, sure, some wanted him fired after emotional losses (I’m probably guilty) but when the dust settled “most” of us were willing to give him 4 years minimum.  If he misses the tourney this year, that’s not good at all and it’s mostly on him.  Can’t keep making excuses for him much longer, especially if he loses tomorrow.  Again, I love the fire he brings but you gotta show some results or the pitchforks will be out in full force.  Add into that it’s a new AD trying to leave his mark.

Was Dolson on the hiring committee for Archie?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We always talk about the "IU culture" and I think CAM is very into that just by looking at the recruits he's brought in so far...

But somebody (sorry, old and don't remember who or I'd give them credit) said the word "sustainable." That's what we all want, right? Long term success?

I'll be the first to admit, our progress hasn't exactly been meteoric, but there has been progress from year to year, if not in the win/loss column so much as the product on the floor. People can say what they want, but I believe with Joey Brunk available, we're much better than 3-3 in the B1G. That lack of frontcourt depth killed us against Illinois and Wisconsin especially (although I'm sure Joey would have picked up his 4th foul before the under 16 timeout in the first half in Madison).

Like I said, I look at next year and if Trayce stays (which I, personally, think there is a good chance of) see a team that can compete not only for the B1G Championship, but a deep tourney run as well...

If we get Armaan back soon and Joey back before mid February, I don't think a good run in the NCAA is out of the question this year...

Little known fact, Joey was available for the Wisconsin game, but fouled out before tip off...

I plan to start a Used Car dealership.  I would really like for some of you to come work for me selling cars.  I can see it now...**fades to an Indiana small town car dealership**  

"Check out this '81 Honda.  Yeah its on fire.  Yeah it doesn't really run well or at all.  But just look how fast it goes when you push it down a hill.  And the warmth you get from the flames coming out of the engine compartment, now that's what you call a good heater.  No worries about frozen windshields on those cold winter mornings, am i right?"

5 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I plan to start a Used Car dealership.  I would really like for some of you to come work for me selling cars.  I can see it now...**fades to an Indiana small town car dealership**  

"Check out this '81 Honda.  Yeah its on fire.  Yeah it doesn't really run well or at all.  But just look how fast it goes when you push it down a hill.  And the warmth you get from the flames coming out of the engine compartment, now that's what you call a good heater.  No worries about frozen windshields on those cold winter mornings, am i right?"

Yeah, CAM will give back the whole buyout.  Call it a refund. 

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I honestly believe Rob can be that kid...

We saw how he shot at the beginning of the Nebraska game...Confident and he hit his shots...He's also good at going to the basket when he puts his mind to it (though I do wish he'd pass off the dribble once in a while)...Every time Stephen Bardo does one of our games, he implores Rob to go to the hoop...

And we know he's an excellent defender...  

I hope so, and I know he is a great high character kid.

My thing is not so much the shot, it is the court awarness needed as a guard to make the correct pass and ability to draw a double team with penetration.  His passes are rarely in the pocket, and it is not an elite skill of his. 

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

I hope so, and I know he is a great high character kid.

My thing is not so much the shot, it is the court awarness needed as a guard to make the correct pass and ability to draw a double team with penetration.  His passes are rarely in the pocket, and it is not an elite skill of his. 

His or Al's for that matter...

18 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

He'll get next season due to the buyout.  5 years is more than enough time to evaluate a coach.

Agree...but you're going to likely be disappointed at their conclusion.  Unless next year's team regresses significantly, they won't cut Miller loose no matter how badly you want it.

49 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Have you seen what CoachSS has been saying?

https://twitter.com/Samueltstory/status/1349382029914288128?s=20

He came across as an insider but he's clearly not.  He gets tidbits the program wants to get out.  His been right in the past but not so much with this staff.  They don't leak as much, at least not anymore.  

Will he eat these words if Armaan plays tonight because he's speaking as if he knows more than the coaching and training staff, while also acting like he's speaking directly to coach, as if he's a figure of authority.  Not that I don't disagree, you really need to win this game but he isn't getting fired mid season nor end of season unless they totally fall apart and embarrass themselves down the stretch and that is extremely unlikely given the make up and character on the team now.  This isn't Green and Smith's team.  

9 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

He came across as an insider but he's clearly not.  He gets tidbits the program wants to get out.  His been right in the past but not so much with this staff.  They don't leak as much, at least not anymore.  

Will he eat these words if Armaan plays tonight because he's speaking as if he knows more than the coaching and training staff, while also acting like he's speaking directly to coach, as if he's a figure of authority.  Not that I don't disagree, you really need to win this game but he isn't getting fired mid season nor end of season unless they totally fall apart and embarrass themselves down the stretch and that is extremely unlikely given the make up and character on the team now.  This isn't Green and Smith's team.  

He wasn't referring to the staff but to our administration.  And no Archie isn't getting fired this season no matter what.  But if we disappoint this season and next you're out of your mind if you think he's getting a year 6.

Appreciate the tidbits we get from SS, but this just doesn’t make sense. 

Sure, the admin may be disappointed with our performance, but unless I’m reading this wrong, this means they’re drawing a line in the sand based on the outcome of the Purdue game? If that were to be the case then that would mean he’d needs to be fired mid season and there’s no way that would happen.

Even if he loses the game, he could hypothetically turn things around, finish strong and avoid being fired. Therefore, this game could mean nothing in the long run.

edit/add: Or maybe it means if he loses tonight the admin is going to give him an ultimatum?

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He wasn't referring to the staff but to our administration.  And no Archie isn't getting fired this season no matter what.  But if we disappoint this season and next you're out of your mind if you think he's getting a year 6.

So when he says, "archie, love you but you have to win ". He was talking to the administration?  Explain.

Screenshot_20210114-084034.png

6 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He may have deleted the tweet but said right after the Nebraska game "you don’t win Thursday....

You won’t want to know what’s going to be said from the people of importance."

If he wasn't referring to the administration than who?  The boosters?

I saw that. Sure it's either from administration or boosters.

I was talking about the tweet that you had just posted that we were talking about and the quote directly of him talking directly to Archie calling him by name.

And yes.  I am now on record saying Ss is now outside the inner workings of the program.  Maybe still gets info from influence but not from coaching staff or trainers like he used to.  Wonder if it ended when Schilling left.  Seems like since around then his info has been more outside looking in hunches.   

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I saw that. Sure it's either from administration or boosters.

I was talking about the tweet that you had just posted that we were talking about and the quote directly of him talking directly to Archie calling him by name.

And yes.  I am now on record saying Ss is now outside the inner workings of the program.  Maybe still gets info from influence but not from coaching staff or trainers like he used to.  Wonder if it ended when Schilling left.  Seems like since around then his info has been more outside looking in hunches.   

I tend to agree. It seems like a weird tweet coming from someone who had been an “insider” for so long. I’ve seen him get more things wrong than normal the last couple seasons so I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t have the access he used to. The tone of the message seems a lot more based on opinion than insight. 

10 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I tend to agree. It seems like a weird tweet coming from someone who had been an “insider” for so long. I’ve seen him get more things wrong than normal the last couple seasons so I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t have the access he used to. The tone of the message seems a lot more based on opinion than insight. 

Exactly and after the trey Kaufman fall out and him clearly not having an inside track on information he acts like he's having a New year's resolution to not post on message boards anymore.  I like what brought to the board, he's knowledgeable, not always respectful though.  

19 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Most insiders are only insiders for a period of time. I'd imagine the people who manage to be an insider for an extended period of time are not posting on message boards and using Twitter with their real name. 

1 minute ago, Hippopotamo said:

I also think it’s a testament to how professional this staff is in general. Leaking information out all the time isn’t exactly a great sign in my opinion, so getting less access in return for a more professional coaching staff and administration is worth it to me. 

Exactly 

Boom boom

Archived