Archie Wednesday update on Armaan Franklin and Parker Stewart

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

He chews, has for sometime.  Chews gum during the games to help him get through until he can put another dip in.  I’m surprised he’s doing it in that interview though.

I'm personally not a huge fan of chew or the head coach doing it during a presser.  However, this team needs an edge.  I like Archie showing an edge.  It's kinda I don't give a d*** move IMO.  You know the athletic department and image people probably crapped their pants a little.  Maybe more so a statement to some higher up elites???

17 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm personally not a huge fan of chew or the head coach doing it during a presser.  However, this team needs an edge.  I like Archie showing an edge.  It's kinda I don't give a d*** move IMO.  You know the athletic department and image people probably crapped their pants a little.  Maybe more so a statement to some higher up elites???

I'm gonna guess it would be slightly easier to overlook if he was winning a bit more than 45% of his conference games. Maybe the stress of this job has just driven him to the point where he doesn't care anymore. 

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

he doesn't care anymore. 

In a good way.  More fire.  No more holding back and kid gloving people.  The first 3 years there have been so many discussions about CAM holding something back and even rumors that his hands were literally tied.  Fisch even going on 1070 and saying such.  

Guys that followed him more closely at Dayton saying something is not right or the same.  I think he's taking the muzzle off.  

1 minute ago, Hippopotamo said:

This is such a weird thing to speculate about

The speculation has been removed.  Watch that presser from today and go to 7:15.  I actually laughed we he acted like he was drinking out of his cup then turned and spit a tiny piece of something.  

It may be weird that partly grown men are delving so deeply into this topic.  Key words=partly grown

24 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

The speculation has been removed.  Watch that presser from today and go to 7:15.  I actually laughed we he acted like he was drinking out of his cup then turned and spit a tiny piece of something.  

It may be weird that partly grown men are delving so deeply into this topic.  Key words=partly grown

I’m sure it’s the case but it’s just a weird thing to have a hijacked thread about

4 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

He chews, has for sometime.  Chews gum during the games to help him get through until he can put another dip in.  I’m surprised he’s doing it in that interview though.

Wow.  That's a side of Archie I knew nothing about.  I hope for his sake he quits.  My uncle chewed Red Man and he died a horrible death from esophageal cancer.  

At this point, just throw Stewart in lineup when he’s eligible.   Even one shooter can help a ton.   

I always think back to when JBJ played and how he opened everything up.    Don’t think Stewart is that solid, but he and Armaan in a backcourt can’t hurt offensively.  

Brutal stretch of games coming up. 

Just now, Bustout said:

At this point, just throw Stewart in lineup when he’s eligible.   Even one shooter can help a ton.   

I always think back to when JBJ played and how he opened everything up.    Don’t think Stewart is that solid, but he and Armaan in a backcourt can’t hurt offensively.  

Brutal stretch of games coming up. 

Lately I have watched highlights from those times and the difference in shooting is amazing.

Archived