Oladipo

13 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

For anyone that knows more than me about the NBA, is this good for the Pacers?

I don't think they should have gotten rid of him.  Super Star who is well loved in the state and has a connection to IU and Indiana.  Not sure what is going on there but i think it is going to be bad for them

8 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't think they should have gotten rid of him.  Super Star who is well loved in the state and has a connection to IU and Indiana.  Not sure what is going on there but i think it is going to be bad for them

He is no longer a super star and will be a free agent and wasn't going to resign

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

He is no longer a super star and will be a free agent and wasn't going to resign

Key to this deal is the contracts. Victor did not seam convinced Pacers were long term team for him and becomes FA after this year. Getting Lavert who is locked in at lower price for 2-3 years and a pick was better than Victor walking for nothing. Plus with Brogden locked up for a few years the deal made sense. I very much wished he would resign with the Pacers but did not look like that would happen unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Honestly, I never would have called him a superstar to begin with. Maybe semantics, but "stars" are all-star guys, etc, superstars are guys that can win you a few playoff series.

LeBron, Curry, Kawhi, KD, those guys are superstars. 

From what I've read in the IndyStar there were chemistry issues with the Pacers. He apparently didn't show much loyalty to the organization during the bubble restart last year. Probably burned some bridges while expecting a max contract. If any of that was true, I'm kinda disappointed in Vic.

13 minutes ago, cthomas said:

From what I've read in the IndyStar there were chemistry issues with the Pacers. He apparently didn't show much loyalty to the organization during the bubble restart last year. Probably burned some bridges while expecting a max contract. If any of that was true, I'm kinda disappointed in Vic.

Watching the games VO wanted to take over games late and the ball stuck in his hands.  The last two games before last night it cost Pacers the game.  Last night with him not playing the Pacers made a big run at the end of the game.  They moved the ball and all the players made key plays late.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Honestly, I never would have called him a superstar to begin with. Maybe semantics, but "stars" are all-star guys, etc, superstars are guys that can win you a few playoff series.

LeBron, Curry, Kawhi, KD, those guys are superstars. 

Don't forget Paul George (aka The GOAT)  :coffee:

1 hour ago, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

Key to this deal is the contracts. Victor did not seam convinced Pacers were long term team for him and becomes FA after this year. Getting Lavert who is locked in at lower price for 2-3 years and a pick was better than Victor walking for nothing. Plus with Brogden locked up for a few years the deal made sense. I very much wished he would resign with the Pacers but did not look like that would happen unfortunately. 

Hammer meet nail. Not only a younger player with a decent contract locked up for 3 years who basically mirrors what Vic gives them but it gets them under the salary cap and I believe a mid level trade exception too.

Archived