Deland McCullough Returning to Indiana

BeerBQ

First off, huge hat tip to the folks here who were on this early on.  HSN continues to impress.

And so does Tom Allen for the record, good lord.  I do note the "Associate HC" part of his title.  A very insightful point by others to say that this might be about upward mobility for him.  He's going to coach RB's put perhaps have a larger role too.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is insane! When I mentioned seeing the rumor a few days ago, I was really hopeful, but tried to tell myself it wouldn't happen so I wouldn't get too excited. 

We just hired an NFL RB coach from probably the best team in the NFL. He gave up a shot at multiple Super Bowl titles to come back here? Are you freaking kidding me? That's amazing.

1 hour ago, HoosierFaithful said:

First off, huge hat tip to the folks here who were on this early on.  HSN continues to impress.

And so does Tom Allen for the record, good lord.  I do note the "Associate HC" part of his title.  A very insightful point by others to say that this might be about upward mobility for him.  He's going to coach RB's put perhaps have a larger role too.

Where does the mod team fall on the use of the phrase "holy $#!+" to describe this hire? Asking for a friend.

45 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

And he did the same thing at S and C!  So it’s not a one off.  

The best part is that we aren't getting guys who were fired from those jobs either.  We're luring guys away.  Sometimes with better jobs (Warren moving up to DC), but with McCullough and Wellman, they left the same job in the NFL to come here.

Some of these comments coming out of this presser are just awesome. Apparently Coach Allen's reputation has made it all the way to Andy Reid's desk. Basically confirmed everything DM was asking. I was ecstatic with our other hires but this one puts it over the top. 

Before last season we talked about taking the next step in a program to replace Sparty. Not only are we there....but I see us gaining momentum to be an Iowa type program where once every 3-4 years we could have that special season. 

Just unreal. 

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Some of these comments coming out of this presser are just awesome. Apparently Coach Allen's reputation has made it all the way to Andy Reid's desk. Basically confirmed everything DM was asking. I was ecstatic with our other hires but this one puts it over the top. 

Before last season we talked about taking the next step in a program to replace Sparty. Not only are we there....but I see us gaining momentum to be an Iowa type program where once every 3-4 years we could have that special season. 

Just unreal. 

We are a football school.  Praise Jesus.

Archived