Deland McCullough Returning to Indiana

BeerBQ

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deland McCullough was busy preparing for a divisional round NFL playoff game against Cleveland just four days away when he saw the news that Mike Hart was leaving IU.  He stopped what he was doing and picked up his phone.

“That was a text that I wasn’t expecting, to be honest with you,” Tom Allen said. “I was surprised. When I read it, I was like, ‘Seriously?’”

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/deland-mccullough-didnt-hide-his-enthusiasm-for-returning-to-iu-i-hit-tom-up-as-soon-as-i-saw-it/

Was Hart very involved as associate head coach?  I don't know anything about it, but I always thought that seemed like more of a title for him so we could pay him more and keep him longer.  I could easily be wrong though.

McCullough seems to be more than capable as an associate head coach.  I wonder if he'll have more duties that what Hart had.

Just curious how things were with Hart and if they'll be similar or different with McCullough.

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Was Hart very involved as associate head coach?  I don't know anything about it, but I always thought that seemed like more of a title for him so we could pay him more and keep him longer.  I could easily be wrong though.

McCullough seems to be more than capable as an associate head coach.  I wonder if he'll have more duties that what Hart had.

Just curious how things were with Hart and if they'll be similar or different with McCullough.

Hart was the associate HC last year, it usually gives them HC abilities, For example, if CTA can’t coach a practice or a game, the associate HC takes over for a certain amount of time. However, it depends on the school and their use of the title.

20 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Hart was the associate HC last year, it usually gives them HC abilities, For example, if CTA can’t coach a practice or a game, the associate HC takes over for a certain amount of time. However, it depends on the school and their use of the title.

I was just wondering if Hart really was that involved, or it it was mostly just a title.  It seems like McCullough would have more experience where he could be trusted to take over for Allen of needed. I wonder if Hart had that same amount of trust?

Not sure if anybody knew how involved Hart was as the associate head coach, and how McCullough might be different in that role.

3 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I was just wondering if Hart really was that involved, or it it was mostly just a title.  It seems like McCullough would have more experience where he could be trusted to take over for Allen of needed. I wonder if Hart had that same amount of trust?

Not sure if anybody knew how involved Hart was as the associate head coach, and how McCullough might be different in that role.

For Hart, I’m not really sure, he might’ve coached a couple of practices 

7 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Operations-wise, yes. Varies from HC to HC. He would be more involved in meetings outside the stadium than just the day to day team responsibilities.

I'm excited to see what McCullough can do with David Holloman. He has really similar measurements as Tevin Coleman had coming out of high school. Holloman might have even more speed, but I think he's probably much less polished. He's got the kind of speed you can't teach, so it will be interesting to see what McCullough can do with him. 

Archived