Indiana vs Michigan State postponed

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, PritchardPutBack said:

Here's the makeups released yesterday

image.png.48056e0d1eff4ba1a1866c1558ac9d45.png

Penn State now plays Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday of next week

Oh. my.  Those poor young men from Penn State now have to play the 17th, 19th, 21st, and 23rd. 

FOUR WHOLE GAMES IN A WEEK!  :coffee:

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

In covid Era there is no such thing as being fair. If you want to play you do what you have to in order to play. 3 weeks off or 3 games a week 

Nice to play tough guy, but when your team misses the tourney because some goofball forced it to play 3-4 games in a week, don't come crying to the Board lol. Seriously though, aint happening, as much tough guy talk as people want to push on a message board.

Edit, unless you're PSU apparently hahahahaha

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Nice to play tough guy, but when your team misses the tourney because some goofball forced it to play 3-4 games in a week, don't come crying to the Board lol. Seriously though, aint happening, as much tough guy talk as people want to push on a message board.

Edit, unless you're PSU apparently hahahahaha

Still interested in your take on how you think not making up games at all is more fair than playing 3-4 times in a week.  If you don't want to go back, my question was how would you like it if Purdue & IU were in the running for the last slot in the tourney from the Big Ten.  Purdue had games @Iowa and @ Michigan cancelled, while IU had home games against Nebraska and Minnesota cancelled.  

You don't think Archie would have rather played a 4 game week in that scenario?  Granted, Matt Painter would probably be against it.  But, the point is that not making up games at all will lead to more of an unfair situation than asking teams to put their big boy pants on for a week or two and play some games on short rest.

57 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Oh. my.  Those poor young men from Penn State now have to play the 17th, 19th, 21st, and 23rd. 

FOUR WHOLE GAMES IN A WEEK!  :coffee:

I know when I was a kid we would play basketball for at least 4 to 5 hours a day during the summer.  I never seemed to get to tired playing all of those hours each week LOL!

2 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

When I was playing I wanted games everyday. 

I think one things these kids today don't get is just going out and playing for fun.  It is more of a job to them with all the travel ball.  They miss out going to the park and just playing all day with their friends.

34 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Still interested in your take on how you think not making up games at all is more fair than playing 3-4 times in a week.  If you don't want to go back, my question was how would you like it if Purdue & IU were in the running for the last slot in the tourney from the Big Ten.  Purdue had games @Iowa and @ Michigan cancelled, while IU had home games against Nebraska and Minnesota cancelled.  

You don't think Archie would have rather played a 4 game week in that scenario?  Granted, Matt Painter would probably be against it.  But, the point is that not making up games at all will lead to more of an unfair situation than asking teams to put their big boy pants on for a week or two and play some games on short rest.

Not saying, never said games should not be made up at all. All games should be made up, but it's the better course to work the schedule so that no team is penalized. 

35 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Indiana Women's basketball has/had the following stretches on the schedule.

December 17, 20. & 23

January 4, 7, & 10

February 4, 7, & 10

February 21, 24, & 27

That is the ORIGINAL schedule.  No make-ups to be found on that list.

i think we got lost in the discussion of number of games where we kept saying 3-4 games -- it's really 4 that is the outlier. Generally you can have games such as from IU's schedule Jan 4, 7, 10. You don't have Jan 4, 6, 7, 9 etc in college basketball. You never responded to the simple point that, in the NBA schedule, which you tout, the team playing back to back games generally loses those games. The NBA schedule is 80-plus games, whatever it will be this year in a Covid environment, and, generally, everyone has back to backs, no one, generally, is penalized. The very basic, simple point here is that in men's college basketball, where the schedule is much shorter and especially in conference just about every game matters come tourney selection time (God help me -- no, not calling you God 😮 -- is there even a single game where someone here doesn't post it as a "must win" game?), if you stick a team with a heavier weekly schedule than everyone or almost everyone else, that team just got put at a real disadvantage. No, I don't want IU to have extra games in a week. No way.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Not saying, never said games should not be made up at all. All games should be made up, but it's the better course to work the schedule so that no team is penalized. 

Unfortunately, as we get to the latter part of the season, there will be games impacted where it will virtually be impossible to make them up.  for example, if Purdue has an outbreak right before our 3/6 matchup in Mackey, how would that game even get made up?  The regular season is over.  Another reason why the Big Ten should try very hard to make up as many games as possible right now, even if that leaves some teams with less than ideal schedules.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Unfortunately, as we get to the latter part of the season, there will be games impacted where it will virtually be impossible to make them up.  for example, if Purdue has an outbreak right before our 3/6 matchup in Mackey, how would that game even get made up?  The regular season is over.  Another reason why the Big Ten should try very hard to make up as many games as possible right now, even if that leaves some teams with less than ideal schedules.  

Hopefully that gets avoided. It's a wacky season all around, but it's important to work the schedule, including pushing back the B1G tourney and/or NCAA tourney, etc., to avoid disadvantaging teams. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Hopefully that gets avoided. It's a wacky season all around, but it's important to work the schedule, including pushing back the B1G tourney and/or NCAA tourney, etc., to avoid disadvantaging teams. 

Agreed on that point.  Everything should have been extended 2-3 weeks.  Build in lighter schedules at the end of the scheduled regular season to help avoid scheduling issues.  Conference tourneys should all be in bubbles, with teams arriving 3-4 days in advance to help avoid outbreaks.  Some team, somewhere is going to get screwed out of a NCAA tournament appearance because they have an outbreak at the wrong time.  The NCAA could have done more in that regard.   

20 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

i think we got lost in the discussion of number of games where we kept saying 3-4 games -- it's really 4 that is the outlier. Generally you can have games such as from IU's schedule Jan 4, 7, 10. You don't have Jan 4, 6, 7, 9 etc in college basketball. You never responded to the simple point that, in the NBA schedule, which you tout, the team playing back to back games generally loses those games. The NBA schedule is 80-plus games, whatever it will be this year in a Covid environment, and, generally, everyone has back to backs, no one, generally, is penalized. The very basic, simple point here is that in men's college basketball, where the schedule is much shorter and especially in conference just about every game matters come tourney selection time (God help me -- no, not calling you God 😮 -- is there even a single game where someone here doesn't post it as a "must win" game?), if you stick a team with a heavier weekly schedule than everyone or almost everyone else, that team just got put at a real disadvantage. No, I don't want IU to have extra games in a week. No way.

Does anyone have any other posters who they are predisposed to disagree with, just because you see they posted, not because you read their post, but only because they posted? I don't, but just wonder if anyone else does.  

3 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Does anyone have any other posters who they are predisposed to disagree with, just because you see they posted, not because you read their post, but only because they posted? I don't, but just wonder if anyone else does.  

Well I've been notified off line that this post was a Stupid, cheap shot swipe at another poster and should never be done like that towards someone who is a mod. My next error will be the ban hammer. So I thought I should correct myself and make it more clear and specific, easier to understand. 

From the first 5-6 post I ever read from HoosierHoopster, I knew right off that he and I could not agree on about 99% of any things that came up going forward. That has come to be proven correct. I don't like this and I want to be able to see other peoples points of view. It just saddens me, that I already have a predisposition that I automatically discount his post before ever reading them. I need a support group I think, it shouldn't bee this way. I apologize for being Stupid and taking a cheap shot in prior first post.

I hope this helps.    

10 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Well I've been notified off line that this post was a Stupid, cheap shot swipe at another poster and should never be done like that towards someone who is a mod. My next error will be the ban hammer. So I thought I should correct myself and make it more clear and specific, easier to understand. 

From the first 5-6 post I ever read from HoosierHoopster, I knew right off that he and I could not agree on about 99% of any things that came up going forward. That has come to be proven correct. I don't like this and I want to be able to see other peoples points of view. It just saddens me, that I already have a predisposition that I automatically discount his post before ever reading them. I need a support group I think, it shouldn't bee this way. I apologize for being Stupid and taking a cheap shot in prior first post.

I hope this helps.    

LOVE this post!  It has been obvious that guys who know very little about bball like Scott, Rico, IUFLA, KoB, and Hoosier Hoopster jump on literally everything I post because they don't like any critical comments or pessimism, but when things get really bad, they are actually more negative than I am!  Also a shame that just like in any media these days, only the popular opinions are allowed.  Seems like a mod shouldn't push his weight around to agree with only select posters instead of just making sure inappropriate language isn't used, etc.

11 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

LOVE this post!  It has been obvious that guys who know very little about bball like Scott, Rico, IUFLA, KoB, and Hoosier Hoopster jump on literally everything I post because they don't like any critical comments or pessimism, but when things get really bad, they are actually more negative than I am!  Also a shame that just like in any media these days, only the popular opinions are allowed.  Seems like a mod shouldn't push his weight around to agree with only select posters instead of just making sure inappropriate language isn't used, etc.

Can we give Scott Dolson your number?

Archived