Post Game (Mortem) Thread

5fouls

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the heck we don't recruit shooters I'll never know! When we got Lander everyone got excited, so i check his hs stats, it was obvious he couldn't shoot from the stats! So you waste a scholarship. NO OFFENSE will work if you can't shoot. If TJD doesn't learn to shoot he has no place in the NBA. My God i think Lander has shot more air balls than he has hit the rim. One thing i will criticize Archie for and his whole damn staff, IU is weak on fundamentals. Hunter has started to shoot the ball better, but he makes to many mistakes! Watched him standing around while his man went to the rim for offensive rebound, two points for Purdue! Trails his manaround like a puppy dog. Al ALWAYS takes the ball one bounce to many, pull up and SHOOT IT!!!

Awe hell, i could go on forever, but I'll just shut up.

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

Example.  Why did anyone like emoji this?  This is terribly sad. 

Someone who appreciated the 70's IU and Reds teams would like that post, out of a sense of nostalgia.  By the way, I played in a garage band with Johnny Bench's nephew in the late 70s.,  PEACE

Seeing TJD talking and laughing with Williams at the end of the game was pretty telling.  All the hollering and flexing doesnt mean a darn thing if you arent a true killer...TJD is not a true killer.  I dont want a team full of thugs but id like to see a mean streak!

1 minute ago, 3Ballin said:

Seeing TJD talking and laughing with Williams at the end of the game was pretty telling.  All the hollering and flexing doesnt mean a darn thing if you arent a true killer...TJD is not a true killer.  I dont want a team full of thugs but id like to see a mean streak!

I’ll take a couple thugs, if it means playing with passion and heart.  

Yep.  The IU players should be pissed off enough they should be volunteering to run the bleachers.  This game was so important on so many levels.  One team understood that and the other didn't.  

That actually bothered be a lot. I've seen it other years with other players but for some reason seeing TJD chum it up with a rival down 10 late just doesn't sit well with me.

I grew up playing against Jordy and he was the nicest guy you would ever meet off the court. When you were inside the lines though, you didn't shoot the shit with him. He was out there to beat you every time down the court. This team is missing that in a bad way.

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

CAM has to shoulder some of the blame.  But, you are correct as well.  However, for a lot of folks, it's not this one game.  It's a cumulative level of frustration that is starting to boil over.

We will not make the tournament and home losses to Northwestern and Purdue will be the reason.  

Yah, i mostly lurk here, so I’m aware of the general feeling and overall frustration, and i understand it - my opinion of CAM has been a bit of a roller coaster as well. It’s just ... weird, especially the complete inability to shoot FTs, which has to be mental. We don’t have Alford-level shooters, but these guys should really be knocking down more of what are decent looks than they were tonight. 

4 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

I wish Dame Fife and Brian Cardinal were still playing. Regardless of who won, at least you’d have a legitimate reason for being pissed. 

The current version of a “supposed” rivalry makes me ill.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

The last time we beat Purdue 5fouls was 2fouls...if Archie doesn’t get it the kids sure won’t. Knight hated losing...these guys seem ok...let’s get pizza now.

If I was part of this game, my name would be 51fouls.  Seriously, this was not the screw job Wisconsin was, but the refs sure did not let the game get into a flow.  That's going to cost the Big Ten come tournament time.  Not IU, because we won't be there.  But, the Big 10 as a conference.

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’ll take a couple thugs, if it means playing with passion and heart.  

I would prefer to have a couple pricks rather than thugs.  Sheehey wasnt a Batman, but he was a hell of a Robin!  He talked trash, got a little chippy and generally pissed off anyone not rooting for IU.  

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

I wish Dame Fife and Brian Cardinal were still playing. Regardless of who won, at least you’d have a legitimate reason for being pissed. 

The current version of a “supposed” rivalry makes me ill.

It didn't matter if I was playing pickup games with my best friends when we were playing they were not my friend.  I hated to lose and if I was losing I wasn't pleasant to be around

4 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Yah, i mostly lurk here, so I’m aware of the general feeling and overall frustration, and i understand it - my opinion of CAM has been a bit of a roller coaster as well. It’s just ... weird, especially the complete inability to shoot FTs, which has to be mental. We don’t have Alford-level shooters, but these guys should really be knocking down more of what are decent looks than they were tonight. 

It tells me their level of concentration and focus on beating an arch rival is just not there. It’s just another game to them.

Archived