Post Game (Mortem) Thread

5fouls

39 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The offense needs some work.

Listen I’m glad AF is back, we need him, excellent player. But 15 shots to get 14 points. That’s happened before.

Meanwhile at the half Jerome was 2-3 for 6 after hitting an excellent 3. Finally got some more shots ended 2-5, for 6.

That’s just Hunter, but look at the shot distribution. 

The guys who connect well need to be  set up to shoot, sets need to be run for better outside shots by the guys who connect well from deep.

This is NOT any kind of complaint about AF. This is about creating scoring. We have trouble scoring in part because of how we fail to run sets to emphasize shooters. It needs to change 

Armaan wanted to win the damn game.  I think Leal did as well.  Not sure anyone else did.  I'll give AF a pass for being a little rusty.  

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Armaan wanted to win the damn game.  I think Leal did as well.  Not sure anyone else did.  I'll give AF a pass for being a little rusty.  

Facts.  He played his butt off and I even rewound and showed my wife the one player who wanted to win.  

Trayce doesn't have the f it I want to win gene.  Even though he yells come on 3-4 times a game.  

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Can't agree with that because of the type of kids he brought into the program.

Sorry but the fact that we blew up our own winning (at that time #2) program over what Sampson did is beyond laughable.  We deserve what we created in a sense.  The fact that the IU Pres forced Sampson on the AD caused a rift that made us over-react.  Sad and stupid imo

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Can't agree with that because of the type of kids he brought into the program.

At least they played hard and with intensity when they were on the floor...and they could play! I agree off the court they didn’t represent IU well but which is worse..not representing off the court or on it? At least off the court it was behind closed doors...right now we got juniors and seniors that are just along for the ride...making a laughing stock of IU brand.

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Facts.  He played his butt off and I even rewound and showed my wife the one player who wanted to win.  

Trayce doesn't have the f it I want to win gene.  Even though he yells come on 3-4 times a game.  

I predict by the end of the season he will resemble Noah Vonleh more than Juwan Morgan. Might not be all his fault but he is slowly checking out on this team and preparing himself for going pro.

8 minutes ago, Lizard said:

Sorry but the fact that we blew up our own winning (at that time #2) program over what Sampson did is beyond laughable.  We deserve what we created in a sense.  The fact that the IU Pres forced Sampson on the AD caused a rift that made us over-react.  Sad and stupid imo

Sampson needed to go and hated him being here.  He knew what was expected of him and he still broke the same rules he got in trouble for at IU.  But the worst part was the drug culture and his lack of caring about academics.  Well if the stupid president didn't intervene he would have never been hired in the first place

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Didn’t Archie say he watched him play out in Colorado and thought he was ready to go right now?

What exactly was in that "chew" he got in Colorado???  

Either throw him in the deep end and let him learn how to swim or dont play him.  The couple minutes here n there do nothing but kill any thing we might have going.  If its only going to be for a minute or two, then #freebybee .

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Sampson needed to go and hated him being here.  He knew what was expected of him and he still broke the same rules he got in trouble for at IU.  But the worst part was the drug culture and his lack of caring about academics.  Well if the stupid president didn't intervene he would have never been hired in the first place

We knew Sampson had warts and we hired him anyways. You shouldn’t be surprised when your new cat eats your canary. We hired him to win games not field an all American academic team. Tell him to clean up his kids if they get out of line like that...but to scrap the whole thing. Kids deserved a second chance too.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

With all due respect.  The idea of drug use on the IU basketball team did not begin nor end with Sampson.  Or skipping class.  And worse grade situations were managed.  Many have mentioned that IUs compliance department is different than at every other supposedly big time program.  We blew up our own program!  Dumb move.  I appreciate you may disagree on principle.  You wont' change my mind.  And I"m not advocating for not "dolng it right"  I'm saying the negatives from Sampson were overblown on purpose and we blew up our program on spite.  Believe what you will.  We live with the absurd reality, nonetheless.  Peace brother!  

If I had said anything to our posters. I ask for your forgiveness. I went and visited my 74 year old aunt today and she said well....we should beat Purdue tonight right? I said I think we should have beaten them many times lately and we haven't. She goes....new coach would do it? I said we can't be hiring and firing. Just got a text. Welp...keep hiring because I'm tired of losing to frickin Purdue. 

Just now, Lizard said:

With all due respect.  The idea of drug use on the IU basketball team did not begin nor end with Sampson.  Or skipping class.  And worse grade situations were managed.  Many have mentioned that IUs compliance department is different than at every other supposedly big time program.  We blew up our own program!  Dumb move.  I appreciate you may disagree on principle.  You wont' change my mind.  And I"m not advocating for not "dolng it right"  I'm saying the negatives from Sampson were overblown on purpose and we blew up our program on spite.  Believe what you will.  We live with the absurd reality, nonetheless.  Peace brother!  

Like we haven’t had kids that have drinking problems or smoking weed...there would be no kids left on campus...actually I don’t like them getting in trouble with the law but let’s be real...those kids resembled IU student body more than you think.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Lander was not well coached in high school.  That said, Lander never really made his team better either.  He has physical skills, but he's not someone with the refuse to lose attitude that a good point guard needs.  

Thing is...Al doesn’t make winning plays either...we got upper class man that do next to nothing and we are still losing. Take the training wheels off and let the kid play. I bet he hasn’t had to wash his uniform all season because he hasn’t broken a sweat.

Archived