It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

Long, long, long time lurker here. Have been on the Archie bandwagon for some time now. Even wanted IU to hire him early in Crean’s final season. Wow, have things changed. I was preaching patience for some time, but I don’t think that’s the answer. 

we all know it:

- poor free throw shooting

- poor three point shooting

- recruiting was great, but beginning to slip

- cannot finish games

- odd rotations

- built on defense, but that often is not good

Year four of the same thing. What else is there to see?! 

The million dollar question? Who do we legitimately hire that’s better? 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think he will or he should be fired after this season.

....Unless the AD has some unicorn that farts perfume scented rainbows up his sleeve. I’d rather take one more season with CAM then go through another coaching search and get denied by 4 of the top 5 people on our list. And by farting unicorn I mean the poaching of a power 5 coach with an impressive resume. The Cleveland State coach ain’t going to do it. 

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I don’t think he will or he should be fired after this season.

....Unless you the AD has some unicorn that farts perfume scented rainbows up his sleeve. I’d rather take one more season with CAM then go through another coaching search and get denied by 4 of the top 5 people on our list. And by farting unicorn I mean the poaching of a power 5 coach with an impressive resume. The Cleveland State coach ain’t going to do it. 

We are in agreement. But, Archie gets year five because there isn’t a glaring option that’s better, not because he deserves more time. 

Hire someone that values defense, ball movement and shooting.  This coach either doesn’t think these things are important or he doesn’t know how to coach them.  Nothing has changed from year 1 thru year 4.  The same things that got us beat back then are getting us beat now.  Total failure and time to move on. 

Just now, CTrojan88 said:

Hire someone that values defense, ball movement and shooting.  This coach either doesn’t think these things are important or he doesn’t know how to coach them.  Nothing has changed from year 1 thru year 4.  The same things getting us beat back then are getting us beat now.  Total failure and time to move on. 

The problem is that Archie does value defense

39 minutes ago, Hoosier0908! said:

Long, long, long time lurker here. Have been on the Archie bandwagon for some time now. Even wanted IU to hire him early in Crean’s final season. Wow, have things changed. I was preaching patience for some time, but I don’t think that’s the answer. 

we all know it:

- poor free throw shooting

- poor three point shooting

- recruiting was great, but beginning to slip

- cannot finish games

- odd rotations

- built on defense, but that often is not good

Year four of the same thing. What else is there to see?! 

The million dollar question? Who do we legitimately hire that’s better? 

I am in favor of firing our whole team- managers too- after seeing Purdue kick their asses tonight.  Good thing I can't do it!  

Archived