It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Here's where I am at with this program....

For buyout purposes, I just don't see Archie getting fired this year unless it's like we don't make the NIT bad. Too much $ and getting a new coach with everything that's going on rn doesn't seem like the smartest move. However, I've seen enough to know Archie Miller isn't "the guy" ( I actually vividly remember saying after the Rutgers road loss in CAM's 2nd year). At our peak w/CAM we are a bubble team who never has a legit shot at a conference title, let alone a national championship. I think realistically we need to hire someone that 

Here's my list of guys I think would realistically consider the job/make less $ than Archie/coach at a school w/less resources and national recognition.

-John Beilein (resume speaks for itself. I know he's old but probably should have been coaching here all along). 

-Rick Pitino (I know his past makes him a slime ball but look at the FBI outcome- kids don't care as long as the coach wins and gets kids to the NBA. Not to mention, not like the Miller brothers have the best reputation either...)

-Leonard Hamilton- Makes less $ than Archie, understands and respects the IU brand. I like what I see from FSU and he seems like a great recruiter.

-Lon Kruger- Oklahoma hasn't been great recently but they've still been relevant more recently than us. He's developed guys like Trey Young, Buddy Heild, etc.

-Dan Fife- Great background w/ assisting Izzo. Obviously IU connection.

-Mike Miller- I think he's coaching HS right now, so would be a big step up. I think he's capable of being a good head coach. He was a fantastic recruiter for Memphis. Kids know and respect his name. He also knows how to shoot and im not worried about that being an issue with a roster he makes.

-Frank Martin- I know they haven't done well recently but he seems like a good coach and leader who can do well with IU resources.

-NBA assistant coach?- Wouldn't have a name right now but someone looking to get a head coach gig.

Guys who I would take in a heartbeat but would never:

Coach K, Cal, Izzo, Williams, Self, Beiheim, Few, Barnes, Altman, Bennett, Drew, Pearl, Beard, Wright, Huggins, Mack, 

We are all entitled to our opinions but that's a pretty bad list.  

I'll start from the top.  Beilein is done after calling his players thugs and not one current or former player came to his defense. 

Pitino is done because of what's he's done with his pitino and the pitinoy things he has done.  

Hamilton is 72 years old so we would be starting over about the time he got here.  

I wouldn't throw Kruger's name out.  

I would support bringing Fife in as an assistant to a Calbert or Smart.

Mike Miller.  Smh no.

I like Frank Martin but he has some failures in his past that would probably prevent us from going after him and surely we can do better.  I do think he can coach ball though.  

NBA assistant.  After next year Calbert will have 2 years in.  

And I've already started a list of untouchables, you named a few.  Not sure why you would want Boheim but to each there own.  

It's sad times to be a Hoosier fan. Our program has drifted into a state of mediocrity for several years now and that is just unacceptable. I really like Arche, I really hoped he was the guy. But there is just no consistent signs of this program being anything other than a mid tier team. I've been a Hoosier fan my whole life but I find myself becoming more and more apathetic regarding this program. I no longer live and die with this team. I just simply find myself caring less and less.  

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'll start from the top.  Beilein is done after calling his players thugs and not one current or former player came to his defense. 

Pitino is done because of what's he's done with his pitino and the pitinoy things he has done.  

Hamilton is 72 years old so we would be starting over about the time he got here.  

Mike Miller.  Smh no.

I like Frank Martin but he has some failures in his past that would probably prevent us from going after him and surely we can do better.  I do think he can coach ball though.  

And I've already started a list of untouchables, you named a few.  Not sure why you would want Boheim but to each there own.  

I don't think its a "great list" either, hence why I mentioned it was a "realistic" one. Indiana is not a sexy job and I kept a lot of people off that list for that reason. It's a program that has plummeted and has a fan base with high and often unrealistic expectations. No one is jumping at the opportunity to coach at IU unless its a big promotion or big step up in $. It's extremely tough to even make a list because i'd probably still take Archie over a good portion of them. 

I'm more than happy to hear other people's recommendations...

Here's the list I created this morning of not happening, not wanted, and not happening because of scandal etc.  

Aren't coming, FEW, K, Roy, Self, maybe 1 or 2 more that I'm missing.  People can argue til they are blue in the face that Bennett or Wright wouldn't come but has anyone offered them 10 mil and a true blueblood?

Don't want.  Alford.

Then the won't happens.  Pitino, Sampson, Pearl.

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Here's the list I created this morning of not happening, not wanted, and not happening because of scandal etc.  

Aren't coming, FEW, K, Roy, Self, maybe 1 or 2 more that I'm missing.  People can argue til they are blue in the face that Bennett or Wright wouldn't come but has anyone offered them 10 mil and a true blueblood?

Don't want.  Alford.

Then the won't happens.  Pitino, Sampson, Pearl.

So who would be on your list of ppl to replace Archie? 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I don't think its a "great list" either, hence why I mentioned it was a "realistic" one. Indiana is not a sexy job and I kept a lot of people off that list for that reason. It's a program that has plummeted and has a fan base with high and often unrealistic expectations. No one is jumping at the opportunity to coach at IU unless its a big promotion or big step up in $. It's extremely tough to even make a list because i'd probably still take Archie over a good portion of them. 

I'm more than happy to hear other people's recommendations...

This is Indiana.  I don't care about the naysayers.  You see if Stevens wants to raise the kids in Indiana or not because if you don't, Duke and carolina will try here soon.  And you don't come with some weak ass offer like UCLA to Cal.  You push the freaking chips in.  10 years 100 million.  You instantly become the basketball resurrection equivalent of Saban to Bama.  

If he says no you make similar baller offers to Wright, Bennett, and Beard.  I like Beards personality the best.  Bennet's style the least.  

If none of that works you get Cal with Fife and Lewis, and maybe Jordy is ready to come start his coaching career as a shooting coach.  

21 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Great list. I could see Barnes, Altman, Drew, Pearl or Beard saying yes.

Thanks, it was honestly tough making that list because of how bad IU has fallen from national relevancy. I'd take any of them in a heart beat but I don't think any of them would consider . I just don't see why any of them would leave national title contending programs and start over from scratch with a passionate and impatient fan base like ours.

16 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Mike Miller.  Smh no.

Calbert is sitting behind the bench. He isnt coaching during games. probably breaking down film.

Archived