It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

Didn’t Cuban say he won’t directly donate to the basketball program in some sort of stance against the NCAA? 

He does not have to give to basketball program.  He can give it to the University to help fund, oh I don't know, let's say lawncare, and so the money originally devoted to lawncare could then be diverted.  :coffee:

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

He does not have to give to basketball program.  He can give it to the University to help fund, oh I don't know, let's say lawncare, and so the money originally devoted to lawncare could then be diverted.  :coffee:

He can give it to me....I’ll make sure it gets to the right people 👍

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

How do you know that the top names would not come?

I'll tell you this.  If you offered me $100MM over 10 years, to coach IU, I'm coming.

And, guess what, for all you know, I am Brad Stevens.  Be truthful, have you aver seen me post during a Celtics game?  You can't be sure.  And, even if I did, it may have been halftime.  Or, when Kyrie was on the team, I could have done it while he dribbled out the shot clock.

You can speculate, but you don't KNOW unless you ask. 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why would a Wight or a Bennett leave a place where they won a championship.  They make a lot of money and are pretty well have a job for life where they are at.

Scott, where in my post that you quoted did I mention Jay Wright or Tony Bennett?  I am talking about Brad Stevens.  The same Brad Stevens who purportedly once considered Indiana his dream job.  Those are totally different scenarios.

I'm just saying, you have to ask Stevens before you entertain anyone else on the planet.  If money is an issue, you call up Mark Cuban and say "Hey Mark. it's Scott Dolson here.  I may be able to get Brad Stevens for 'X' amount of dollars.  What do you think?"

It's not an unrealistic scenario.  

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Scott, where in my post that you quoted did I mention Jay Wright or Tony Bennett?  I am talking about Brad Stevens.  The same Brad Stevens who purportedly once considered Indiana his dream job.  Those are totally different scenarios.

I'm just saying, you have to ask Stevens before you entertain anyone else on the planet.  If money is an issue, you call up Mark Cuban and say "Hey Mark. it's Scott Dolson here.  I may be able to get Brad Stevens for 'X' amount of dollars.  What do you think?"

I have said at least 3 times today that you ask him but to expect him to actually accept the job is unrealistic.  I have read and heard to many things that suggest that he is happy in the NBA and the life style.  He don't like recruiting and yes the HC still needs to be out there showing the players he wants them.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I have said at least 3 times today that you ask him but to expect him to actually accept the job is unrealistic.  I have read and heard to many things that suggest that he is happy in the NBA and the life style.  He don't like recruiting and yes the HC still needs to be out there showing the players he wants them.

You think Cal recruits at UK? 

No, he has an assistant named Benjamin Franklin do that for him.

You think Coach K recruits at Duke?

No, he has an assistant named Coldwell Banker do that for him

You think Roy Williams recruits at North Carolina?

No, he has an assistant named E.Z. Class do that for him

You think Rick Pitino recruited at UL?

Nope.  It was a case of Deja Vu all over again

🔨☠️🐎

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

1 minute ago, Hoosierdave said:

Apparently Wichita State has Thad Matta high on their replacement list. Matta also lives in Indy and his Daughter goes to Butler so it would be a good situation at IU for him. Wouldn't be a top 5 choice for me but something to consider...

It would surprise me if he’d take the job if Archie is fired. He seems too close to Archie. I’d love to see him come in like Martelli, but that would be a big adjustment for Archie

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You think Cal recruits at UK? 

No, he has an assistant named Benjamin Franklin do that for him.

You think Coach K recruits at Duke?

No, he has an assistant named Coldwell Banker do that for him

You think Roy Williams recruits at North Carolina?

No, he has an assistant named E.Z. Class do that for him

You think Rick Pitino recruited at UL?

Nope.  It was a case of Deja Vu all over again

Yes I think they still go out during the summer going to every event recruiting.  So you think if Stevens come here he would cheat to win

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

I’ve seen Keith Smart’s name mentioned a couple of times in this thread. Honest question, how is his health?  I seem to remember him having a battle with cancer. 

On the podcast I listen to never mentioned his health but he appeared to be doing well

1 hour ago, ephul said:

Because he's 67 years old and isn't going to go anywhere than a high major.

Let me help you finish.  He won't be able to recruit because he's now deemed a racist old white guy.  Not one past or current player spoke up to help him.  What does that tell you?  And he was extremely high on my list and level of respect but there is something to that.  And he didn't get even sniffed at last off season.  Not 1 sniff.  

41 minutes ago, AMHoosier said:

I'm astonished at how IU has become such a poor shooting team.   The guards cannot hit the ocean from the beach. And somehow AM keeps recruiting kids that Cannot shoot. Especially Al Durham. He is just terrible. Can someone not help these guys?

Don't forget how the team really stank during the Vonleh year - no shooting at all.  Crean got lucky with Vic, O.G. and then Bryant but still lacked shooting.  One would *think* that that lesson would not be repeated, but here we are 4 years without one marksman on the roster (exempting Stewart).

12 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Let me help you finish.  He won't be able to recruit because he's now deemed a racist old white guy.  Not one past or current player spoke up to help him.  What does that tell you?  And he was extremely high on my list and level of respect but there is something to that.  And he didn't get even sniffed at last off season.  Not 1 sniff.  

See below. Plenty big time names defended Beilein. 

He didn't "get sniffed" because there were no openings that warranted a "sniffing"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wkyc.com/amp/article/sports/nba/cavaliers/shaquille-oneal-says-cavs-need-to-man-up-over-john-beilein-thugs-gaffe/95-454755a0-d94a-4be7-89fb-74c7b30f6f6d

Watching a national podcast with Jeff Goodman and another guy who I don't know.  There are discussing Archie and his job security.  Goodman said he didn't think Archie was a fit for IU and would have been a better fit for OSU because IU is to much of a fish  bowl.  He also said if IU makes a change then who could they hire that would be better.  He said there is no chance of Stevens or Beard so who is out there.

Archived