It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

So have you heard back about your interview

Yes,  On Tuesday I was told the manager liked me and things were looking positive.  This is my first experience with the fortune 500 corporate world.  Was told I will be informed on the next steps and a tentative start date Feb.1.

How are you doing?  Have anything lined up?  

23 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I think we have lost this thread.

Went from scary thought (IU current play) to even scarier. ( @IU Scott stalking Jennifer Aniston).

Might be about 4-5 threads that have been lost. Shoot here's a name for new coach. How about Zach Hahn. You know he played basketball. Maybe he'd be good to be a head coach candidate at IU. Time to check out on the hoops portion of the board. 

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Yes,  On Tuesday I was told the manager liked me and things were looking positive.  This is my first experience with the fortune 500 corporate world.  Was told I will be informed on the next steps and a tentative start date Feb.1.

How are you doing?  Have anything lined up?  

Not going well on the job front

Not going well on the job front

Well, nothing is signed for me yet. But I will keep you in my prayers and god doesn't give us any more than we can handle.

I've had alot of doors close to find another one open.  And I believe you will too. Stay faithful brother.  

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Well, nothing is signed for me yet. But I will keep you in my prayers and god doesn't give us any more than we can handle.

I've had alot of doors close to find another one open.  And I believe you will too. Stay faithful brother.  

Thanks so much and starting to wonder if my age is having anything to do with it.

Thanks so much and starting to wonder if my age is having anything to do with it.

I dont know because I'm not there yet.

But my Mom is 58(really?) Honestly wtf? Where did the time go.

Anyway, her best friend, same age cant get a job where my mom works. At Jasper Engines because they say she is too petite.  She is a very small woman.

My dad drove OTR for Jasper Engines for over a decade.  Legit company.

All we can do is never give up, ever. 

Have enjoyed reading through this thread.  

Was really excited when Archie was brought in to coach.  Unfortunately, he has not been able to replicate what he did at Dayton.  There are many aspects of Archie I personally like, but ultimately the trends are clear and we should not expect much variance from what we have now seen.  

A coaching change is needed, but my concern is that we slide further into mediocrity with a bad hire or “getting an IU guy.”  As someone has pointed out, that sort of idealism has Michigan football in a slide of their own. 

Coaching replacement will be a challenge to get right, but hopefully all learned from delaying in keeping Crean too long.  

If age were not a factor, I would love to have Bob McKillop from Davidson.  Classy sideline demeanor, sharp offense, and his kids seem extra-sharp in terms of execution, which tells me he’s a good teacher AND communicator.  

No clue who my candidate would be as I have become bored with this topic as we have had to deal with often since Mike Davis left.  

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I don't understand why more of you don't want Scott Drew.  He regularly puts together top 25 teams at Baylor and takes them to the dance almost every year. It's probably easier to recruit to Iowa or Purdue than Baylor.  He also has Indiana ties. 

I've always felt a Sampson vibe with Drew.  

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I don't understand why more of you don't want Scott Drew.  He regularly puts together top 25 teams at Baylor and takes them to the dance almost every year. It's probably easier to recruit to Iowa or Purdue than Baylor.  He also has Indiana ties. 

He doesn't really have much personality but he can flat out get the job done. And for some people they can't get over the fact that he wanted to deport Hannah perea. may have helped us out had that actually happened. Lol.

Honestly though we need Parker Stewart to light it up Trayce to come back next year and Lander to grow up fast.  Go hunting in the transfer market plug the holes get some more shooters get an extra ball handler if we have to see somebody transfer out no tears are shed

Archived