It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

I truly hope and pray it works with Arch.  But I am getting fed up with the results and it is weighing on me.

I'm with you. I want Archie to succeed with every fiber of my being, because if he succeeds then IU does too.

I really like the guy but its getting hard to be on board. It's been the same failures for almost 4 yrs now. 

On 1/15/2021 at 1:18 PM, Indykev said:

The buyout wouldnt come from dept. funds. Still being 10 million, Archie will get year 5.

I admit to not learning about the various forms of funding for certain actions. Nor have I took much time to research how most departments go about that or even a hiring process financial resource-wise. Generally nor at IU so wasnt sure how department funds would cover that if they did come into play. ..Thank you for clarifying that it is a separate pool of money. Administration is the one aspect of sports that I loathe personally so I probably wouldn't have made the time to look on my own.

On 1/15/2021 at 7:35 AM, Parakeet Jones said:

This is 100% true and the reality we all need to face.  As much as I truly doubt he is the guy, your post is part of the reason why, certainly not the only reason why, that I hope he proves me wrong and gets this thing turned around.  

I thought I was just being paranoid and a lack of understanding of internal operations is part of the root for my concern. 

Even with a pool of donors and committees tasked with coaching searches , etc, it is still money and  time better spent in other areas ideally . 

A lack of confidence from recruits that comes along with a coach increasingly viewed as being on the hotseat is just not a good look, even if the costs can be covered.

I want Archie to make it and do well too but like you, starting to wane in my belief that he will .I haven't given up on him personally, but man it is just undesirable situation to even have be a valid topic.Yet here it is : being a valid dsicussion to have. 

6 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

I admit to not learning about the various forms of funding for certain actions. Nor have I took much time to research how most departments go about that or even a hiring process financial resource-wise. Generally nor at IU so wasnt sure how department funds would cover that if they did come into play. ..Thank you for clarifying that it is a separate pool of money. Administration is the one aspect of sports that I loathe personally so I probably wouldn't have made the time to look on my own.

Donors would pony up most of that. Thats why Knight refused to take money he thought was owed to him because it wasnt coming from IU but donors. Maybe not the same here but my point is donors play a big role in big money issues. The dept. runs on a budget and i dont think 10 mill is in it for a buyout.

My buddy who is an Iowa fan sent me this link this morning.  Now its Rivals so take it fwiw but still.  Even other programs are starting to ask the same questions.  Particularly these two quotes.  I won't post the Purdue Twitter links i saw in there.

I don’t get it. Good track record and great recruiting.

They have zero identify as a program under him. If someone can tell me what they are trying to accomplish on offense, it would be news to me. The plan seems to be set a bunch of ball screens, occasionally throw the ball to Jackson-Davis. But the pieces don't fit together and the team just plays dumb, no other way to put it.

They have zero identify as a program under him. If someone can tell me what they are trying to accomplish on offense, it would be news to me. The plan seems to be set a bunch of ball screens, occasionally throw the ball to Jackson-Davis. But the pieces don't fit together and the team just plays dumb, no other way to put it.

That Al Durham has to be lowest basketball IQ guard I ever seen in the B1G.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/how-hot-is-archie-millers-seat.345092/

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

My buddy who is an Iowa fan sent me this link this morning.  Now its Rivals so take it fwiw but still.  Even other programs are starting to ask the same questions.  Particularly these two quotes.  I won't post the Purdue Twitter links i saw in there.

I don’t get it. Good track record and great recruiting.

That Al Durham has to be lowest basketball IQ guard I ever seen in the B1G.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/how-hot-is-archie-millers-seat.345092/

Josh Newkirk and Devonte Green both say hello in regards to your last statement. 

Archived