It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Does he have issues with grades and player conduct like he did for his 1 year here at IU?

I don't know. I don;t follow them I went to several practices and was very impressed with some of the stuff their staff did. He demands hard work and attention to details. If he had been here for as long as CAM i don;t think he would have brought in the same type of players that he did initially. The man can coach the rest of the stuff not so sure about. 

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I don't know. I don;t follow them I went to several practices and was very impressed with some of the stuff their staff did. He demands hard work and attention to details. If he had been here for as long as CAM i don;t think he would have brought in the same type of players that he did initially. The man can coach the rest of the stuff not so sure about. 

interesting

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

If he had been here for as long as CAM i don;t think he would have brought in the same type of players that he did initially. The man can coach the rest of the stuff not so sure about. 

If I remember correctly he had already signed Tom Prichard and Matt Roth and received a commitment from Derek Elston.  He had already signed Devin Ebanks too who got a release from his LOI and ended up at West Virginia. I don’t remember how he turned out off court. The three who ended up at IU had no problems. It’s a shame what happened. 

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

If I remember correctly he had already signed Tom Prichard and Matt Roth and received a commitment from Derek Elston.  He had already signed Devin Ebanks too who got a release from his LOI and ended up at West Virginia. I don’t remember how he turned out off court. The three who ended up at IU had no problems. It’s a shame what happened. 

We would have been very very good to say the least

6 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

And Hollowell who had a nice career at xavier.  

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know Houston just lost their leading scorer from last year who transfered

7 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I honestly could give 2 shits about his extra text messages and phone calls, since every single coach did it and it shouldn't have been an issues in my opinion.  But the off court stuff was way to public and in the face of IU fans and Alum.  That was unacceptable compared to how Knight and Davis ran the program.

I honestly could give 2 shits about his extra text messages and phone calls, since every single coach did it and it shouldn't have been an issues in my opinion.  But the off court stuff was way to public and in the face of IU fans and Alum.  That was unacceptable compared to how Knight and Davis ran the program.

exactly. 

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

I agree. It’s just a shame that a guy who is a really solid coach couldn’t keep the off the court stuff in check. 

Knight had the same issues as Sampson with the 78-79 team.

Its neither here nor there but since 1992 the only IU coach that has denied me access to come and watch practice (most gave us full access) or to bring my team to watch or just to provide some coaching material has been Archie. Maybe deep down I am just butt hurt and it clouds my judgment on his performance

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Its neither here nor there but since 1992 the only IU coach that has denied me access to come and watch practice (most gave us full access) or to bring my team to watch or just to provide some coaching material has been Archie. Maybe deep down I am just butt hurt and it clouds my judgment on his performance

Everything a person does colors them in each of our eyes.  I watched Coach Knight chew some kids ass for 5 minutes when i was at football camp at IU the summer of 92 for calling him Bobby.  It really tainted how i saw him from that point forward.  The shine wasn't there anymore.  He was just an asshole from there on out to me, who happened to be a fantastic coach

Can’t imagine what more can be said in this bash Archie thread—and I have participated as well, but I think it’s reached it’s nadir when someone quotes an Iowa fan base. You know , that bastion of basketball excellence, with zero national championships, and no conference championships since 1979.

Maybe just me, but the beating the dead horse emoji seems pretty appropriate here.

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Can’t imagine what more can be said in this bash Archie thread—and I have participated as well, but I think it’s reached it’s nadir when someone quotes an Iowa fan base. You know , that bastion of basketball excellence, with zero national championships, and no conference championships since 1979.

Maybe just me, but the beating the dead horse emoji seems pretty appropriate here.

Good post.  But not to change the subject....How is the ice?

Archived