It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Can’t imagine what more can be said in this bash Archie thread—and I have participated as well, but I think it’s reached it’s nadir when someone quotes an Iowa fan base. You know , that bastion of basketball excellence, with zero national championships, and no conference championships since 1979.

Maybe just me, but the beating the dead horse emoji seems pretty appropriate here.

1.  The post was sent to me from a good friend of mine who is a huge basketball fan, not just Iowa and thought it was interesting that the things he and i talk about have reach other teams boards.

2.  Unless we're breaking the rules, we can keep adding to a thread as much as we like.  If you think it has run it's course, then stop coming here.  

3.  Insert you Emoji and move on.  

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Everything a person does colors them in each of our eyes.  I watched Coach Knight chew some kids ass for 5 minutes when i was at football camp at IU the summer of 92 for calling him Bobby.  It really tainted how i saw him from that point forward.  The shine wasn't there anymore.  He was just an asshole from there on out to me, who happened to be a fantastic coach

Very true. I was able to see the other side(Positive) of Coach Knight that overshadowed all those other things that I saw as well. 

33 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

1.  The post was sent to me from a good friend of mine who is a huge basketball fan, not just Iowa and thought it was interesting that the things he and i talk about have reach other teams boards.

2.  Unless we're breaking the rules, we can keep adding to a thread as much as we like.  If you think it has run it's course, then stop coming here.  

3.  Insert you Emoji and move on.  

Little sensitive, are we?

45 minutes ago, rico said:

He is the interesting one to me.  More interesting than Oats or any of the other names we have bantered about on this thread.

He is having success at a lower level but I think you don't just wander into that kind of success without having an understanding of coaching.   It is not like IWU was a powerhouse before he arrived either.

Bring him in, hire a Michael Lewis that has been recruiting as an assistant and look to round the staff out with some recruiting guys and see what he can do.  He is lower level but the state HS coaches have to be familiar with him.

He is one guy that as an AD I might be willing to take a risk on.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I don't see anything on their resume that would say he should be the coach at IU.  I don't want to make a change just for change but bring in somebody who can do better

As it stands right now, looks like we all think we could do better.

34 minutes ago, rico said:

As it stands right now, looks like we all think we could do better.

Fair. I just look at Rutgers - a perennial bottom-feeder and they’re on par with IU recently with much less talent.  

Collins took NW to tourney - again with less talent than IU. Getting to tourney is not the threshold, but at NW I think it sort of is.   Especially in B1G. 

I’ll defend Archie until the end, but I think these guys are two good coaches and perhaps upgrades. 

curious if they’d move to a team in their own conference?    Also wonder if Collins would be considered for Duke in a couple years. 

Archived