It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

On 1/19/2021 at 8:32 AM, OLDIUFAN said:

I sure wish we would have gotten Chris Mack! Louisville picked him same year we got Archie. 

Louisville my be 9-3 currently, but they have only played two decent teams, Wisky and FSU, and they were curb stomped by both.  Archie lost to both as well, but in tight OT and winnable games.  I'm not sure what about Chris Mack is so much more appealing that Archie.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Muddy River said:

Louisville my be 9-3 currently, but they have only played two decent teams, Wisky and FSU, and they were curb stomped by both.  Archie lost to both as well, but in tight OT and winnable games.  I'm not sure what about Chris Mack is so much more appealing that Archie.

Yes ,but he’s also been to the tournament every year he’s been at Louisville I believe . He has had some fun teams to watch , and he is a good recruiter.

11 hours ago, Muddy River said:

And two years ago, IU beat them when they had a veteran team with more talent 

I know not many do, but did any one catch Dakichs show yesterday when Seth Greenberg was on?  I didn’t listen but a buddy of mine said Greenberg ripped IU and somewhat Archie to an extent.  Now my buddy is a PU guy so I’m just looking for clarification.  Greenberg said the players aren’t  playing hard and that Archie or someone on the staff begged Lander to come in early and now isn’t getting a chance to play. (Or something along those lines). I’ll listen when I get home from work today unless someone else can summarize it for me that already listened to it.  I’m not a huge fan of Greenberg and not sure where he got his information.

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I know not many do, but did any one catch Dakichs show yesterday when Seth Greenberg was on?  I didn’t listen but a buddy of mine said Greenberg ripped IU and somewhat Archie to an extent.  Now my buddy is a PU guy so I’m just looking for clarification.  Greenberg said the players aren’t  playing hard and that Archie or someone on the staff begged Lander to come in early and now isn’t getting a chance to play. (Or something along those lines). I’ll listen when I get home from work today unless someone else can summarize it for me that already listened to it.  I’m not a huge fan of Greenberg and not sure where he got his information.

I’m curious but not surprised if true. Not that it’s way off base or anything either. 

Reguardless, this is probably how the conversation went down...

337DD0D6-DE39-4C1C-89E0-8BE407A17AF7.gif

17 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I know not many do, but did any one catch Dakichs show yesterday when Seth Greenberg was on?  I didn’t listen but a buddy of mine  aid Greenberg ripped IU and somewhat Archie to an extent.  Now my buddy is a PU guy so I’m just looking for clarification.  Greenberg said the players aren’t  playing hard and that Archie or someone on the staff begged Lander to come in early and now isn’t getting a chance to play. (Or something along those lines). I’ll listen when I get home from work today unless someone else can summarize it for me that already listened to it.  I’m not a huge fan of Greenberg and not sure where he got his information.

I caught most of the conversation on my way to an appointment. He said its hard to say what happens at practice since the announcers can't be there but IU looks uninspired and emotionless and not that we are in this together. Watching practice you can see who is all in and who is not. Just watching games it looks like many are just not in or on the same page. Looks like 5 guys pulling 5 different directions. Said where PU is and IU is night and day. He also said he has not seen them live so he might be wrong but says they should be a tourney team based on talent but not sure they will get there. 

I’m hesitant to trust Greenberg’s words too seriously. He was a mediocre coach who didn’t recruit Steph Curry to his dream school, and he even admitted his entire assessment is just from watching on tv like the rest of us. He’s not saying anything that most posters in here haven’t already said so I don’t necessarily put any extra stock into it. 

Not sure why nobody ever brings Eric Musselman up as a potential replacement? https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/coaches/eric-musselman-1.html

Was great at Nevada, and putting together a competitive program at Arkansas in a "gaining strength" conference. Still pretty young. 

Again, none of this happens until after next year *at best*. But, nobody seems to be mentioning his name. 

4 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

So it looks like the “Fire Cal” movement is picking up steam on Twitter... You want a “home run hire,” there it is.  Hoosiers would have to make a run at him if he’s available in 2022.

would he bring World Wide Wes with him?  if so, i bet our talent level would make a huge leap!

5 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

So it looks like the “Fire Cal” movement is picking up steam on Twitter... You want a “home run hire,” there it is.  Hoosiers would have to make a run at him if he’s available in 2022.

Wouldn’t that be something? What an unreal situation to think about 

16 minutes ago, Hoosier0908! said:

Not sure why nobody ever brings Eric Musselman up as a potential replacement? https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/coaches/eric-musselman-1.html

Was great at Nevada, and putting together a competitive program at Arkansas in a "gaining strength" conference. Still pretty young. 

Again, none of this happens until after next year *at best*. But, nobody seems to be mentioning his name. 

I wouldn’t say after next year at this time if he continues to tank this season and make no mistake that is what is happening with our record and some performance then he may be out the door sooner than that

9 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

his record indicates that that is incorrect.  he might morally corrupt or even an outright cheater but his win/loss record says home run hire and he wouldn't have any issues getting another job, like the next day

Hiring him is the only way I would ever turn my back on IU.  I couldn't care less what his winning% is and for me winning is not the only thing that matters

People talk like Indiana shouldn't stoop to the level of _______ all the time but Calipari is the one guy I couldn't get behind either.  And for the record, I'd be ecstatic with Sampson again, or Pearl or other so-called "gray area" coaches.  Obviously this is all hypothetical ONLY IF it came to parting ways with Archie, which still is to be determined. 

Archived