It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

8 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

You're correct on Duncomb being in that range, my bad. Lander is a top 60 recruit for that class. He was in that class when he committed p. We shouldn't hold it against Archie as a recruiting failure that a guy reclassified. 

Lander should still be in HS.  Getting him to reclass was a disservice to the kid from how things look now IMO.  He is lucky to get on the court for 2 minutes a game.  He basically is wasting a year of eligibility.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Lander should still be in HS.  Getting him to reclass was a disservice to the kid from how things look now IMO.  He is lucky to get on the court for 2 minutes a game.  He basically is wasting a year of eligibility.

This year is a freebie for all I thought? Link

He's getting college coaching, college strength and endurance training...his college course work will put him ahead of the game in the classroom...he'll have a degree early, and a ton of options for his basketball career...

Winning proposition for the kid from my view...and I never even factored in coeds over high school girls 😁

Well I think we have to prepare for TJD leaving. Do I hope he doesn’t absolutely! I would love to hear he is coming back. He may not, so how many scholarships are available for next year. 
Al, Will be leaving Brunk I believe will leave and TJD might. So why not use the extra scholarships to bring in some bigs! 
I believe Archie will. Either in Transfers are JC. I don’t know what’s out there so I am questioning, but I think he will. 
I also if I was Archie would figure out a way to have my returning players all work on free throws and shooting. Give them shooting drills to work on all summer. 
I read a book about Larry Bird when he was in High School he practiced his shot so much in the summer, that when he got to certain spots on the floor he felt he could shoot the ball without looking at the rim and make it. 

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

He is suppose to go pro in 2 or 3 years anyway.Makes no difference.

If I had the ability to skip my senior year playing for a bad team, are going to college knowing my playing time would be small. I would have jumped at the chance. You still practice everyday against better players then you will face in high school. Should help you develop 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Where's he wasting that?

I know bud.  Try as well as you can to disagree with me here, but I was trying to support your answer.  You are correct that this year is a freebie.  On top of that, even if it wasn't, Lander's plan wouldn't include being in college 4 years anyway. Finally, it's not wasting it because he is practicing with high level guys, better coaches, and getting college weight/strength training.  That's all I was saying.  Strange as it is, we agree.  Let's find something else to argue about?

5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I know bud.  Try as well as you can to disagree with me here, but I was trying to support your answer.  You are correct that this year is a freebie.  On top of that, even if it wasn't, Lander's plan wouldn't include being in college 4 years anyway. Finally, it's not wasting it because he is practicing with high level guys, better coaches, and getting college weight/strength training.  That's all I was saying.  Strange as it is, we agree.  Let's find something else to argue about?

I don't seek out conflict with you...it's just that I thought your post was worded strangely...

Right now, Khristian is living in a nice apartment, with a roommate he's really close to, and 2 other really good friends just across the way. He's on a team of kids that like each other. He's got a coach who's trying to coach him up to that next level...

We always wring our hands about kids going early, but there's something to be said for comfort level. I think Khristian is a really smart kid with a good head on his shoulders. He'll surely go sometime, but I can see him playing through his junior year...

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't seek out conflict with you...it's just that I thought your post was worded strangely...

Right now, Khristian is living in a nice apartment, with a roommate he's really close to, and 2 other really good friends just across the way. He's on a team of kids that like each other. He's got a coach who's trying to coach him up to that next level...

We always wring our hands about kids going early, but there's something to be said for comfort level. I think Khristian is a really smart kid with a good head on his shoulders. He'll surely go sometime, but I can see him playing through his junior year...

Sorry, still not disagreeing with you.  

2 hours ago, Inequality said:

Kinda funny to me, I’m purchasing a new coach today. It’s a motor coach but I’m sure the wife and I are gonna have pun fun and the salesman is going to be like wtf...

Not funny, I'm envious! Enjoy the new MH! Winter time is actually the best time of year to purchase an RV.

Now if your salesman is like this guy, Josh the RV Nerd, you should have fun!

3 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Not really because he will be considered a freshman next year as well

2 hours ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Well I think we have to prepare for TJD leaving. Do I hope he doesn’t absolutely! I would love to hear he is coming back. He may not, so how many scholarships are available for next year. 
Al, Will be leaving Brunk I believe will leave and TJD might. So why not use the extra scholarships to bring in some bigs! 
I believe Archie will. Either in Transfers are JC. I don’t know what’s out there so I am questioning, but I think he will. 
I also if I was Archie would figure out a way to have my returning players all work on free throws and shooting. Give them shooting drills to work on all summer. 
I read a book about Larry Bird when he was in High School he practiced his shot so much in the summer, that when he got to certain spots on the floor he felt he could shoot the ball without looking at the rim and make it. 

I'm not sure we have enough information to know Brunk or Al are leaving. 

Al is probably the more likely of the two to leave, IMO, but I can certainly envision both coming back. I think with Al the bigger question would be about his role next year with the freshman guards all developing and Stewart becoming acclimated to the team. 

15 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

It's not stupid, he was part of that class when he committed and reclassified. You're essentially punishing Archie for getting Lander and Stewart to campus early by not including them in that. 

No it’s stupid. Other schools don’t do this. The kid chose to enroll early that moved him into the 2020 recruiting class. In this day in age just because he’s at IU now doesn’t mean he will be next year. You never know what can happen over a few months. It’s not punishing CAM besides I’m not the AD or the IU administration. They’re the only ones that can punish him anyway. 

13 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

No it’s stupid. Other schools don’t do this. The kid chose to enroll early that moved him into the 2020 recruiting class. In this day in age just because he’s at IU now doesn’t mean he will be next year. You never know what can happen over a few months. It’s not punishing CAM besides I’m not the AD or the IU administration. They’re the only ones that can punish him anyway. 

Do you mind sending some links to what other schools do when they have a player enroll early? Or some sort of research since you seem to have a great grasp on it....

And regardless of what other schools do or don't do, it isn't stupid. We all understand what class Lander is in from a recruiting perspective, but when we talk about CAM failing at recruiting the '21 class it's an incredibly important piece of context that he had a 5-star player commit in that class enroll a year early. 

If you're opposed to CAM, is your case against him really that weak that you have to twist reality to fit your narrative? What's wrong with having an honest assessment? 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Do you mind sending some links to what other schools do when they have a player enroll early? Or some sort of research since you seem to have a great grasp on it....

And regardless of what other schools do or don't do, it isn't stupid. We all understand what class Lander is in from a recruiting perspective, but when we talk about CAM failing at recruiting the '21 class it's an incredibly important piece of context that he had a 5-star player commit in that class enroll a year early. 

If you're opposed to CAM, is your case against him really that weak that you have to twist reality to fit your narrative? What's wrong with having an honest assessment? 

Also next year he will still be considered a freshman so you can say that our freshman class next year will be Leal, Galloway, Geronimo, Lander and Duncomb.

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also next year he will still be considered a freshman so you can say that our freshman class next year will be Leal, Galloway, Geronimo, Lander and Duncomb.

True.  If you're going to miss on a class, 2021 seems like a good class to miss on.  I only have one real regret in that class and I need to get over that kid since his decision-making is obviously impaired. 😜

Just now, hoosier_exotics said:

Who wants to replace Arch with  Brownell?   Dude is absolutely getting destroyed 

There will always e a flavor of the month when it comes to current coach haters.  It was Mike White at one point.  Now it seems to be Nate Oates.  Eventually, he'll fall out of favor for someone else.

That's just another reason that "fire the coach" threads are stupid and makes us look as dumb as Kensucky fans.

Archived